Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

New NEWS for those testing with accommodations

Mr.lopezMr.lopez Member
in General 172 karma
In the past those who wrote with accommodations did not take the variable section. Starting in September on and onward accommodated testers will be taking the test with the variable section.

Comments

• SprinklesSprinkles Alum Member
    11542 karma
    You mean experimental section?
  • Matthew524Matthew524 Member
    651 karma
    @Mr.lopez that isn't true called the LSAC a week ago and they said if you have extra time you don't take the experimental.
    651 karma
    May you please provide some proof to this? I believe the LSAC would have notified individuals about this. They are cruel but not that cruel
    edited August 2016 651 karma
    I specifically asked about the experimental section. Maybe it's just for your accommodations? @BruiserWoods may you help clarify this?
  • Mr.lopezMr.lopez Member
    172 karma
    yes i am talking about the experimental. this is a new change starting in the September test. this is right from lsac. email the accom email and you will see
    edited August 2016 11542 karma
    Yeah because that's not messed up.

Note I will not be taking the LSAT with accommodations but if this holds true LSAC has sunken to a whole new low.
  • inactiveinactive Alum Member
    12637 karma
    Doesn't this defeat the purpose of time and a half then? If they're doing this, they better be giving more time. A lot of people are going to be screwed otherwise.
  • notwilliamwallacenotwilliamwallace Alum Member
    1049 karma
    Yeah, it could be right. I had registered for Feb LSAT (but had to cancel) and it specified four different sections, all labelled out. However, my letter from LSAC for the Sep LSAT just mentions "all sections".

I suspect that they are adding experimental sections starting in Sept for all accommodated test takers. For people who have 1.5x or 2x time limit, brace yourselves...it will be a LONG DAY!!
    11542 karma
    @"Dillon A. Wright" said:
    Doesn't this defeat the purpose of time and a half then?
    YES!
    11542 karma
    @notwilliamwallace said:
    Yeah, it could be right. I had registered for Feb LSAT (but had to cancel) and it specified four different sections, all labelled out. However, my letter from LSAC for the Sep LSAT just mentions "all sections".
    This makes me sad.
    This doesn't make any sense! I called them a week ago and the lady told me there isn't an experimental for people who have extra time. @Mr.lopez if you have the email may you send it to me? I will be calling Monday morning to confirm.
    For people like me who have 2x time limit, I'm basically screwed. I will be in that testing site for nearly 8 hours, I better get a lunch break! I think it's inhumane and complete and utter BS. They are basically telling me I have to sit for almost 8 hours with only a snack and bottle of water, and I'm not able to use the bathroom because I will lose time from my exam? I'm no lawyer or anything (yet) but I definitely see another lawsuit coming! This completely goes against the Americans with disabilities act!
    1049 karma
    @Matthew524, I agree...people with extra time deserve nothing less than a lunch break.
    11542 karma
    First the pdf ban now this. I can't take all these changes.
    651 karma
    @notwilliamwallace i just honestly find it hard to believe that the people who make an exam about logic seem to lack it themselves.
    I'm just waiting until Monday to confirm with the LSAC because I honestly find it hard to believe because I realized the difference in accommodation letters when I received my September letter. It was different from my June letter. So I called the LSAC and the lady explicitly told me " people with accommodations do not have to take the experimental." So I'm going to call and record the conversation to hopefully get to the bottom of this on Monday. Sorry just really angry about this.
    1049 karma
    I will be emailing them as well, @Matthew524. It could be true that this new rule applies only to people getting accommodations other than extra time. Want to get to the bottom of this for sure.
    651 karma
    @notwilliamwallace if you get a response before me please contact me! Ugh I just hope it isn't true. I just know I will be starving by the end of the exam. I might just have to put a Big Mac in that zip lock bag we can bring.
    651 karma
    @Mr.lopez what are your testing accommodations?
    172 karma
    whoever you talk to on the phone will not give you a write answer you need to write to accommodations email that is on the website.
    651 karma
    @Mr.lopez i just sent an email to them, I will also call. Do you have an email from the LSAC confirming your statements?
  • ChiTownGuyChiTownGuy Alum Member
    179 karma
    Yeah it just seem like it would be counterintuitive and counter productive on 2 fronts. First is that these people that get the extra time, some of them have conditions like add that make it difficult for them to work for extended period and that are specifically the reason that they got he extra time. Second, the purpose of the experimental section is to determine the curve for standardized application, it wouldn't make sense for them to give that to people testing under irregular conditions because it wouldn't provide any useful data for determining the curve for standard administration.
  • BruiserWoodsBruiserWoods Member Inactive ⭐
    1706 karma
    Nah. I like 1/10 believe this.

It would first of all be silly to require us to do this because we're not "average test takers" so what data could they possibly hope to get from us other than torture stats? Second, the lawsuit filed against LSAC specifically included that it was a violation of ADA and uneccessarily caused us mental fatigue and brought our scores down even more.

I guess this COULD be true. But it's highly highly unlikely. I also got no such email stating accommodated testers are taking an experimental section now.
  • BruiserWoodsBruiserWoods Member Inactive ⭐
    1706 karma
    Lol basically EXACTLY what @syed.216 said
    172 karma
    im telling you. just email accom@lsac.org and ask them if it is true that as of the september lsat that accomodated students will not be writing the experimental section
    @Mr.lopez what does your last comment mean? Can't you just show us the email, if you actually have it?
  • ChiTownGuyChiTownGuy Alum Member
    179 karma
    @Mr.lopez You've been asked about the email several times now and have failed to provide any evidence of your claims. You could easily just copy and paste the specific clause of whatever letter or email that you received indicating that this change had been made. You posted a statement that is obviously causing some people unnecessary anxiety, which you could easily remedy by just providing evidence, and telling people repeatedly to "just email LSAC" doesn't really help. I think everyone who has accommodations is aware that they could email the LSAC with that question, however it takes time for them to respond, and you could easily provide confirmation immediately.
    651 karma
    Yea what he said @syed.216
    11542 karma
    Lol Mr. Lopez you're dealing with a bunch of future lawyers here. Hearsay just won't cut it with these guys :P
    #ShowUsTheProof
    1049 karma
    @Mr.lopez, you could be most definitely right, however, getting a response from accom@lsac email account takes a significant amount of time. It would be awesome if you could just cut and paste their reply to you. Also, did they proactively email you this info or did you email them to ask about this?

Thanks so much for your time. I am sure you're busy but it would be great if you could do this to ease the anxiety of many on this thread. Thanks again :)
  • AlexAlex Alum Member
    23929 karma
    @montaha.rizeq said:
    Lol Mr. Lopez you're dealing with a bunch of future lawyers here. Hearsay just won't cut it with these guys :P
    #ShowUsTheProof
    IDK why, but this just cracked me up, lol.
    11542 karma
    Lol, @"Alex Divine" maybe because it's accurate :D btw, that reminds me of how DJ Khaled tried pronouncing "accurate" once hahaha! Ashamed to say I share the same nationality with this guy:

edited August 2016 1049 karma
    @montaha.rizeq...Hey hey, I use one of the songs that he's in as my celebration song after I do well on a hard game or an RC passage...

"All I do is win, win, win no matter what..."

youtube.com/watch?v=GGXzlRoNtHU
    11542 karma
    @notwilliamwallace said:
    hey, I use one of the songs that he's in as my celebration song after I do well on a hard game or an RC passage...
    LOL still doesn't change the fact that I'd rather not share my nationality with him haha.
    651 karma
    @montaha.rizeq lmao I'm an Arab as well, even though he doesn't pronounce words correctly, he does a lot of charity work and loves giving back to his fans!
    11542 karma
    @Matthew524 said:
    I'm an Arab as well,
    Word, what part of the Arab world are you from? I'm from Palestine :)
    @Matthew524 said:
    even though he doesn't pronounce words correctly, he does a lot of charity work and loves giving back to his fans!
    okaaaay FINEEEEE.
    1049 karma
    @montaha.rizeq said:
    LOL still doesn't change the fact that I'd rather not share my nationality with him haha.
    lol, atleast you have someone in the music industry. No one from my original country are in that industry...BUT, we do extremely well in Spelling Bee and Science related competitions :P ... I am sure that counts for something.
  • 181please181please Member
    171 karma
    @montaha.rizeq lawyers need proof? Since when?
    11542 karma
    @notwilliamwallace said:
    BUT, we do extremely well in Spelling Bee and Science related competitions :P ... I am sure that counts for something.
    Haha, love that! Where are you from though? there's a few nationalities I can think of that can relate to this :)
    11542 karma
    @Whenwillmy180show said:
    lawyers need proof? Since when?
    We know better than to just believe someone's words especially if it's a situation this serious :)
    651 karma
    @montaha.rizeq I am your neighboring country, I am from Jordan.
    1049 karma
    @montaha.rizeq said:
    Where are you from though?
    The one and only...India!
    edited August 2016 11542 karma
    @Matthew524 said:
    I am from Jordan.
    Dad's family currently lives in Jordan...you know...after the 1948 ish went down lol.
    @notwilliamwallace said:
    The one and only...India!
    Niceee....my sister's husband is Indian :)
    1049 karma
    @montaha.rizeq said:
    Niceee....my sister's husband is Indian :)
    Nice!!! Although, you guys (Middle Easterns) have the best cuisine in the world. Nothing can ever take on Hummus and Baba Ganoush.
    651 karma
    @montaha.rizeq Thank God everything is okay in Jordan, so far considering all the chaos in the middle east. I still have family in Jordan as well! They currently live in the city called Zarga.
    11542 karma
    @notwilliamwallace said:
    Nice!!! Although, you guys (Middle Easterns) have the best cuisine in the world. Nothing can ever take on Hummus and Baba Ganoush.
    Haha! while that's true (jk...kinda :P) my mouth is currently watering thinking about chicken makhani <33333
    651 karma
    @notwilliamwallace You guys have Slumdog Millionaire =)
    651 karma
    @montaha.rizeq where do you currently live?
    11542 karma
    @Matthew524 said:
    They currently live in the city called Zarga.
    Your pronunciation of Zarqa is the true definition of a Jordanian LOL
    11542 karma
    @Matthew524 said:
    where do you currently live?
    Upstate NY...born and raised.
This discussion has been closed.