Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

New NEWS for those testing with accommodations

2»

Comments

• notwilliamwallacenotwilliamwallace Alum Member
    1049 karma
    @montaha.rizeq said:
    chicken makhani <33333
    Mmm...Our food can get you fat in no time.

@Matthew524, I'm going to dance to "Jai Ho" once I am done with LSAT once and for all, haha.
  • BinghamtonDaveBinghamtonDave Alum Member 🍌🍌
    8689 karma
    @montaha.rizeq I also live in upstate NY and my mother is of Arab descent, her family comes from Northern Syria.

What part of upstate?
  • SprinklesSprinkles Alum Member
    11542 karma
    Small world @David3389 ! I'm from Buffalo
  • amipp_93amipp_93 Alum Member
    585 karma
    Im from India too! yay! Also minored in Arabic so I can practice some arabic with y'all hehe :)
    11542 karma
    OP, I'm sorry for how off topic this thread has gotten lol
  • LARamsNationLARamsNation Member
    edited August 2016 592 karma
    Fuck. I doubt this is the case, but it's plausible. I don't know how much credence to put in this, but going back through my accommodation letters that "all sections" phrase was never used before... This could be devastating. Everyone needs to bombard the hell out of them with calls/emails first thing tomorrow morning.
    592 karma
    @BruiserWoods said:
    I guess this COULD be true. But it's highly highly unlikely. I also got no such email stating accommodated testers are taking an experimental section now.
    That's the huge implication that makes me believe this isn't the case. After just getting their asses handed to them by the ADA, I doubt the LSAC is in the mood for another war... and rest assured if it's true, they're gonna get one. We've been preparing and building our stamina for an LSAT without an experimental, this would be patently unfair to blindside us with this. Preach on, Bruis.
  • Mr.lopezMr.lopez Member
    172 karma
    I hope everyone sends an email out and updates this thread. please EMAIL LSAC. the people on the phone are not the accommodation people. they are a very different group
  • LawTweetLawTweet Alum Member
    57 karma
    I've never posted on here but I will be really screwed if this is the case. I already feel it's not too fair to not administer an additional break considering how long we're testing for. I have such difficulty sustaining attention for essentially 5 straight hours. I cannot imagine adding another hour onto that.
  • Matthew524Matthew524 Member
    651 karma
    @Mr.lopez HOW DID YOU FIND OUT! IF YOU RECEIVED AN EMAIL JUST SHOW US! IT IS GETTING RATHER ANNOYING AND FRUSTRATING BECAUSE ALL YOU ARE SAYING IS EMAIL LSAC. IF YOU HAVE PROOF JUST SHOW US! IT REALLY ISN'T THAT HARD!! YOU ARE CREATING UNNECESSARY ANXIETY AND CAUSING MANY TO BECOME STRESSED. SO FOR THE MILLIONTH TIME, MAY YOU SHOW US!
    592 karma
    @Mr.lopez said:
    im telling you. just email accom@lsac.org and ask them if it is true that as of the september lsat that accomodated students will not be writing the experimental section

I smell a troll... because that is true.
    651 karma
    @LARamsNation I wish we can vote them out, like those reality game shows lmao
    edited August 2016 57 karma
    Deleted.
    11542 karma
    I sympathize with @Matthew524 frustration. This is major news and if it is indeed true, the way you guys have been studying will have to be altered essentially because now you have to accustom yourselves to a 5 section LSAT which is a huge change. I wish Mr. Lopez would just #ShowUsTheProof

In the meantime has anyone emailed or called LSAC about this? It's Monday so they're available.
    57 karma
    They can't give a response over the phone. We've got to wait for email.
    651 karma
    @montaha.rizeq Thank you! I tried calling this morning and they said you have to email them to make sure, but the lady said she seriously doubts that we have to take the experimental. She told me to email accommodations to get an accurate response. Its just frustrating that he says all this and just repeats the same thing. People like myself, don't have accommodations for no reason, we actually have disabilities that hinder us from performing to the best of our abilities given our situation. I think @Mr.lopez doesn't understand that he is making it rather difficult for us and making things ten times worse.
    11542 karma
    @Matthew524 said:
    the lady said she seriously doubts that we have to take the experimental.
    Seems others on here who are familiar with LSAT accommodations agree with this...I want to say don't worry about it and just move on because stressing over a theory isn't practical, especially if you're sitting for the near future LSAT(s).
  • inactiveinactive Alum Member
    edited August 2016 12637 karma
    @Mr.lopez said:
    I hope everyone sends an email out and updates this thread. please EMAIL LSAC. the people on the phone are not the accommodation people. they are a very different group
    Okay, dude, this has really gone on for far too long. Either take a screenshot of the email that's stating this and causing people with accommodations so much stress like so many have asked you SEVERAL times, or kindly stop stirring everyone up unless you want a vacation from the forums.

I'm 100% certain LSAC would email EVERYONE with accommodations to let them know about this change is coming into effect and not send a lone wanderer onto 7Sage to scare the crap out of everyone, or at the very least post about it on their website. There has been no changes to the accommodations section on their website, so I'm certain Mr. Lopez here is just trying to make you guys sweat a bit.
    172 karma
    everyone I would not do this to lie or harm this community. Never-mind that I posted it then. I was trying to help by posting this @"Dillon A. Wright" The only reason I have not posted the email, is that those kind of things I dont know the degree of confidentiality. That fact that anyone would think I would just be randomly making this up would be ridiculous. I was trying to HELP to inform everyone.

the email i received had the following in it. and I am copying and pasting this

"When LSAC was annotating the scores earned with additional test time, the unscored section was not always included in each test administered. Beginning with the September 2016 test administration, all tests have five multiple-choice sections."

and NO i would not go out of my way to create a thread RANDOMLY. I WAS TRYING TO HELP. and that is why i asked everyone to email accom at lsac. because who knows maybe someone from lsac emailed me the wrong information? but i highly doubt it.
    172 karma
    so can everyone PLEASE even for my sake email LSAC. and Ask because if we get a different response from ACCOM then I will go back to them and ask them how on earth they gave me this information! I was asking you guys to email, not to be stingy, but to build on my findings.
  • inactiveinactive Alum Member
    edited August 2016 12637 karma
    Thanks for providing some form of proof. LSAC's emails are not confidential unless you're writing personally to them, or unless it states that it's confidential. As you can imagine, when someone asks for confirmation on your findings and all you get in reply is "email accom", it'll panic people and discredit your original post. If this comes into effect in September I'm sure we'll all appreciate your heads up, but until them I'm going to close this thread. If anyone has emailed accommodations and gets a reply, please make a new thread and mention myself and @Mr.lopez in it so we can all get this clarified. Thanks, guys.
This discussion has been closed.