Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

34 days left. What are YOU doing?

rasaluja1rasaluja1 Alum Member
edited August 2014 in General 57 karma
With 34 days left (that's 5 full weeks before "LSAT Saturday") I wanted to ask what everyone's study habits and schedules look like in order to give the 7sage September LSAT community a feeling of belonging, in the sense that there's more than one person here who is routinely sleeping at X:o'clockPM, waking up at Y:o'clockAM, and taking Z amount of PTs a week. It's easy to feel discouraged as time winds down.

What time do folks sleep and wake up? How often are you taking PTs in a week? How many days are you resting? What else do you do when you aren't studying? And any other routines and habits regarding your LSAT study schedule will be much appreciated. Thanks :)

Comments

• Nilesh SNilesh S Alum Inactive ⭐
    edited August 2014 3438 karma
    I've done most of the rough work... as of now, I've done 3 PT's. I am aiming for about 3 - 4 PTs a week (5 in the 2nd week) and BR, etc... m scoring in the 165 to 172 range and I would like to fine tune it to the upper part of that range... 3PTS this week - 39, 40, 41; 5 the week after that - 42, 56,57,58,59; 3 the week after that - 60,61,62; 4 the week after that 63,64,65,66; 2 the week after that, 69,70 and then spend 2 days with plenty of games and timed drilling of weak areas.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Free Trial
    310 karma
    gonna take a bunch of tests and review and take more tests then review then do some timed sections and review and then gonna come to 7sage to post a bunch of threads and make a bunch of posts.
  • kraft.phillipkraft.phillip Free Trial Member Inactive Sage
    444 karma
    I am taking pt 66-72, and retaking all of them to try to learn as much as possible from the newer tests. I have already taken 44-65. My 5 test average is 175(excluding retakes, of course)
  • miguel6zavalamiguel6zavala Alum Member
    71 karma
    jasonawdriscoll, do you recommend HCF?
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Free Trial
    edited September 2014 310 karma
    [post removed by moderators. reason: rude]
    edited August 2014 3438 karma
    Say anyone got tips for RC timing.. that is my water loo... I have good accuracy... but on the later tests i.e. the ones after 36, I am missing an entire passage... while games was my Achilles heel in the last administration.. It seems that this time RC has reared its ugly head...
  • turnercmturnercm Alum Member 🍌
    edited August 2014 770 karma
    @nilesh S have you tried the memory method? i would say keep practicing. i think you can pull it up by test day for sure!

i'm eating super healthy (like, super healthy - theres a great food plan that has very limited sugar and is mostly fruits, veggies, slow-digesting carbs and protein), limiting social interactivity and getting plenty of sleep. I generally have been waking up at 8:30, doing a giant protein/fruit smoothie + oatmeal for breakfast, then doing some morning activities like going to some appointments (to help me get awake and not stay in bed), and I start studying around 11 until whenever i get tired at night. I take mental breaks if needed, and break for meals or to go for a walk. I'm usually in bed by 11pm or midnight. The two weeks before the test, I'll be waking up at 6:00am. And the two days before the test, i'll be doing absolutely nothing except maybe a mindless movie marathon or something super relaxing. No appointments, no events, no studying.

My PT plan is what someone recommended in one of the lessons: Do 2 PTs in one day. The next day, blind review in the morning/afternoon, then go over the relevant lessons in the evenings.

I found it difficult to PT and blind review in the same day - not because of time but because doing the test and understanding what i did wrong seemed to took a lot of my mental energy, and i rarely remembered where i went wrong - so i'm excited to try this method instead, and hopefully work on timing/exposure to materials as well. The mental break of 8 hours of sleep before blind review should help, too.
    3438 karma
    @turnercm thanks for that... I was beginning to panic a little... I'll just do a ton of passages before the actual thing...