Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Logic Games- LSAT Trainer

Kristen BKristen B Member
in General 388 karma
Hey guys,

I am currently focusing on LG, and I decided to try the LSAT trainer in combination with 7Sage. However, I find the Trainer to be a bit complicated and confusing thus far ( I am currently on chapter 10 of the book). Has anyone else experienced this, and is it worth completing the LG portion?

Thanks!

Comments

• ArtVandelayArtVandelay Member
    53 karma
    With something like LG, which is pretty abstract from the very get-go, using 7sage helped me far more than LSAT Trainer or the LG bible. Maybe my learning style favors seeing JY illustrate the methods in a very explicit manner, or maybe I just didn't gel with the written instruction.
    I'd recommend just using 7sage until you feel you've achieved a high level of comfort. Then maybe look over the LSAT Trainer and see if you can pick some other stuff up
  • AlexAlex Alum Member
    23929 karma
    @"Kristen B" said:
    I find the Trainer to be a bit complicated and confusing thus far ( I am currently on chapter 10 of the book). Has anyone else experienced this, and is it worth completing the LG portion?
    I found it a bit confusing at first as well. Have you already completed the 7Sage LG in the CC ?

If so, I think it is worth doing even if it is confusing in the beginning. The strategies really do help a bunch from The Trainer. However, imo, I think the 7Sage LG curriculum is objectively better for learning the section. So if you are in the midst of learning LG, I would stick with the 7Sage CC for now.
  • Kristen BKristen B Member
    388 karma
    Hey guys @J_Järvinen @"Alex Divine" ,

I completed 7Sage's LG curriculum. However, I am in the process of re-doing it. For some reason I am still struggling with games, so I started the Trainer for additional foundation support. Basically, I think I am going to spend three concentrated weeks on LG, because it is my weakest point of the test. Do you think this will be a good approach?
  • citizenkanyecitizenkanye Member
    74 karma
    I started with the LSAT Trainer and found it to be an excellent introduction/complement to the LG curriculum on 7sage. I suggest that you power through the confusing sections because the LSAT Trainer has an approach that will end probably up reinforcing and solidifying your understanding of the 7sage curriculum.

You probably won't need to pick up any new techniques from The Trainer imo because the best ones are all covered in 7sage. What you'll get from the Trainer is a macro view that may help refresh your understanding of the LG section as a whole. Good luck!