September 2016 LSAT - 4 Weeks Out

blah170blahblah170blah Alum Inactive ⭐
in General 3545 karma
I've seen a number of people posting about postponing. Now that we're 1 month out until September, I'm curious who is actually still planning on taking the test. For those of you that are, what is your study plan over the next 4 weeks?

Comments

• Ron SwansonRon Swanson Alum Member Inactive ⭐
    1650 karma
    I'm taking the Sept. test. Personally, I have looked at the time between my June take and now as more of "staying in LSAT shape" rather than killing myself. I'm sticking with timed sections (1 or 2) on some weeknights with 1 full PT per week. Sometimes I'll do the timed sections for 30 mins, other times 35.

Assuming you've put in the study time, seen your goal score multiple times, I think what's most important is keeping confidence up and your skills fresh. In my opinion, the longer you've been on the study grind, the less you can improve as the test approaches.
  • Ron SwansonRon Swanson Alum Member Inactive ⭐
    1650 karma
    Oh, and I'm making sure I've really worked through the 70s tests. This is my 3rd take, no point in leaving anything on the table
  • blah170blahblah170blah Alum Inactive ⭐
    3545 karma
    @"Ron Swanson" , you and I are in the same boat. Final retake, within the range that I want to be in with some low and some high, just really trying to make sure my reasoning is strong and my confidence is up.
  • BruiserWoodsBruiserWoods Member Inactive ⭐
    1706 karma
    same i am same with y'all
  • ToxoplasmosisToxoplasmosis Alum Member
    233 karma
    Planning on taking in Sept. after delaying from June. I'm trying for 2 PT's per week to get through 70-78, probably wont score the last few though. I've also started meditating and dialing in my diet and exercise to ensure I stay physically (and emotionally) healthy between now and gameday. The way I see it, the brunt of the work is already behind us; now it's just about execution and keeping a clear head.
  • stepharizonastepharizona Alum Member
    edited August 2016 3197 karma
    Im on the fence. Im close enough that I might be able to fix my issues by Sept and I feel Im finally in a good grove and I dont want to lose my motivation by switching dates. So for that reason Im not postponing and will just withdraw the day before if Im not where I need to be, but Im feeling good that I could make it. I would be on my second take.

Ive done well on retakes and on fresh PTs im one point off goal. I have 3 fresh tests left. So ill do one in a week or two and decide more then.
  • Cant Get RightCant Get Right Yearly + Live Member Sage 🍌 7Sage Tutor
    27809 karma
    @stepharizona said:
    Im not postponing and will just withdraw the day before if Im not where I need to be, but Im feeling good that I could make it.
    Yeah, this is exactly where I'm at.

I'm feeling really great overall. My average is right on my target score. I'd like to be a little over, but I feel like I've identified the weaknesses that are losing me those extra couple points. Between now and game day I'm really focusing on that, of course. Aside from that, I'm just running maintenance to stay sharp. LG every day, and PTs twice a week.

I'm also being sure to really sync up my morning routine, diet, sleeping schedule, etc. I want to make sure I'm not thrown off on test day because I woke up earlier than normal and didn't have time to fully wake up or eat or whatever!
    3545 karma
    @"Cant Get Right" , I'm so excited to hear you say this! I feel like both of us have been on this forum for years now and it's finally getting to a point where game day is imminent.
    3545 karma
    @BruiserWoods @stepharizona kindred spirits!
    27809 karma
    @blah170blah said:
    it's finally getting to a point where game day is imminent.
    Yeah, I'm excited! We finally get to upgrade those Mentor badges to Sage!
    edited August 2016 3545 karma
    Haha, maybe but definitely you :) it's so crazy to watch how we all progress just based on the substance of our comments, right?
    27809 karma
    Lol, definitely. I realized recently that now that school has started and Allison and Nicole and Corey and Pacifico and everybody is gone; we're like, the main guys now, haha!
  • stepharizonastepharizona Alum Member
    3197 karma
    @"Cant Get Right" said:
    My average is right on my target score. I'd like to be a little over,
    Thats awesome!!! Yeah my average is a little under, and I want to be a little over going into test day. We shall see, if I can fix my timing I will be ok, if not I'll be in great shape for Dec. But right now I want to just focus on timing for the last 3 weeks. I'd like my next test to be my last. If I do push to Dec, even though its my 2nd take, I will treat it like my last. Good luck guys!
  • DallasOnFireDallasOnFire Member
    edited August 2016 249 karma
    These past 4 months I have given it my all. No amount of postponing will help any longer. This is my third and last take, for better or worse.

By end of next week, I will have completed every single Logic Game in existence multiple times, drilled all sections of PT 1-38, and completed PT 50-78. I know for a fact others have done more work than me, but I feel proud of what I have done and I believe my LSAC administration will accurately reflect the work I have put in.

I'm a splitter so law school might be a bust for me, but learning the LSAT has taught me more than logic - it's been a journey of perseverance, self-motivation, and a test of my ambition. It's not over yet. See you September 24th.

DallasOnFire
  • SprinklesSprinkles Alum Member
    11542 karma
    @DallasOnFire said:
    These past 4 months I have given it my all. No amount of postponing will help any longer. This is my third and last take, for better or worse.

By end of next week, I will have completed every single Logic Game in existence multiple times, drilled all sections of PT 1-38, and completed PT 50-78. I know for a fact others have done more work than me, but I feel proud of what I have done and I believe my LSAC administration will accurately reflect the work I have put in.

I'm a splitter so law school might be a bust for me, but learning the LSAT has taught me more than logic - it's been a journey of perseverance, self-motivation, and a test of my ambition. It's not over yet. See you September 24th.

DallasOnFire
    This is just goals. Wow. You got this! Being a splitter is totally okay btw, the LSAT has more of a weight factor :)
  • SprinklesSprinkles Alum Member
    11542 karma
    @"Cant Get Right" said:
    We finally get to upgrade those Mentor badges to Sage!
    And make a webinar! Don't forget the webinar plzz :D
  • danielznelsondanielznelson Alum Inactive Sage Inactive ⭐
    4181 karma
    I've definitely been taking the approach of @"Ron Swanson" in regards to my rate of studying. I've been studying for about two years.

I'm all in for September, since I am absolutely applying for the upcoming cycle, and given that I haven't yet taken the LSAT. Even if I were not 100% ready, I'm close enough to where a take in September gives me a pretty good chance, at worst, of falling within my range. Luckily, my range has risen since I've decided on September, and I am confident it will continue to do so - or at least better maintain consistency.

I'm exposing myself everyday to RC, doing full sections with review to keep me on my game. I refuse to look at RC as an automatic miss-happy section, and really honing in on RC and with that mentality has definitely improved my average results per section. I'm also doing as much LG as possible without going overkill.

For LR, I drill nothing outside of the latest tests. The LR definitely has changed in subtle ways, and I've gotten good at catching what the newest tests do with the various questions in these sections.

I'm still in the stage of improvement, since I don't average or even occasionally score 180s on fresh tests. I definitely think the last month or two before the test offers ample opportunity to improve, if you choose to look at it that way. I guess I didn't have much of a choice, as I wasn't sure about my score when I signed up for the test, and aggressively sought to improve anyway.
    27809 karma
    Guys we're going to totally crush it. We're going to go in there totally ready and just destroy it. We've waited until we were ready, we've worked as hard as anyone, we've had the best resources available, and we've had an incredible support network throughout it all. I mean really, how is anyone going to out score this group??
  • ToxoplasmosisToxoplasmosis Alum Member
    233 karma
    @"Cant Get Right" said:
    Guys we're going to totally crush it. We're going to go in there totally ready and just destroy it. We've waited until we were ready, we've worked as hard as anyone, we've had the best resources available, and we've had an incredible support network throughout it all. I mean really, how is anyone going to out score this group??
    Man reading this gets me so amped up! I just want to take the damned thing already!
  • MsStateLSATMsStateLSAT Member
    105 karma
    LG was my main area in which I needed improvement. In June, I was only getting to 3 games per section and missing as much as 12 in a section. I studied pretty much nothing but games all summer. I now never miss more than 4 in a section. My goal score is 165 or above, so I don't have as much pressure as some of the people on this board. My first 2 PTs averaged 168, so I feel pretty good as of right now. I plan on hitting my weak areas in LR, doing a game section or 2 a day and 2 PTs a week. I'll have done a total of 10 PTs by game day, so I should have a pretty good idea of where I'll land.
  • leejayleeleejaylee Alum Member
    218 karma
    Taking September. Currently on PT 68. Got 10 more left to do =) (11 if you count PT 68 itself haha).

Just excited to test my skills after 8 months of grinding. Let's see how I do and execute under pressure!

Went from -10 to -12 in RC to -5 to -8.
    LR (2 sections) is consistent at -6 to -8
    LG is consistent at -0 to -2.

Let's go!!