Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Score suddenly jumped up... Opinions needed!!!

zanqvi861zanqvi861 Alum Member
in General 73 karma
Hey guys,

This is going to sound a little strange but bear with me. So I was doing Pt's in the 50's and 60's and was getting around 160 - 165 generally. As soon as I hit the late 60's and early 70's my score suddenly jumped to 170 - 172.

Just wondering if this has happened to anyone else! And is it because of becoming better through practice*hopes very hard* or because the Pt's became slightly different.

It is rather strange to worried over a score increase but... O.o

Comments

• danielznelsondanielznelson Alum Inactive Sage Inactive ⭐
    4181 karma
    That's pretty great, considering the newest tests are the most relevant, all things considered.

Are you strongest in RC and LG, perhaps? RC is generally viewed as being more difficult, LR as being more finicky, and LG as generally easier - weird games aside.
  • zanqvi861zanqvi861 Alum Member
    73 karma
    My RC is normally okay-ish ( -3 to -4) except for Pt 71 where I ended up with a -8 but lucked out on the other sections. LG is my weak spot but the games have been easier I feel, except for the curve ball ones like you said :) LR has been kinder to me as well where my - 5 average went to a -3. The problem is I feel I didn't do anything different, and certainly the same amount of review, it was entering these later prep tests that changed my score. But correlation isn't causation so :D
  • AlexAlex Alum Member
    23929 karma
    @danielznelson said:
    That's pretty great, considering the newest tests are the most relevant, all things considered.

Are you strongest in RC and LG, perhaps? RC is generally viewed as being more difficult, LR as being more finicky, and LG as generally easier - weird games aside.
    Yeah, could be the changes in the test. But even still, that is a big jump! I think part of it is that things are just *clicking* wit you! And it is great because the future tests are likely to be very similar to the 70s. Congrats :)
    73 karma
    Thank you! Fingers crossed the streak continues :)
  • LsatbreakingnewsLsatbreakingnews Alum Member
    edited August 2016 392 karma
    Commenting so good juju will come my way also.
  • blah170blahblah170blah Alum Inactive ⭐
    3545 karma
    @Euthyphro I didn't think about this until you commented. Also commenting for good vibes.
  • danielznelsondanielznelson Alum Inactive Sage Inactive ⭐
    4181 karma
    I'll have to second @"Alex Divine"

Whether the new tests are favorable to your strengths and weaknesses, your score increase at the very, very least shows your potential. I imagine the score increase is at least partly the result of your improving knowledge of the test.
  • Nanchito-1-1Nanchito-1-1 Yearly Member
    1762 karma
    That's awesome!!! Keep it up.
  • Tina ChoTina Cho Free Trial Member
    442 karma
    Just curious...so you started your PT with 50s? meaning, from PT51? you didn't do 40s?
    How do you think 50s and 60s are different from 70s? cuz I heard 70s are in general more difficult...so Just wondering.thanks!
  • Cant Get RightCant Get Right Yearly + Live Member Sage 🍌 7Sage Tutor
    27809 karma
    @zanqvi861 said:
    LG is my weak spot
    This is excellent. This is easy to fix. Well, okay, not easy, but quite manageable if you work hard at it. Get LG to a consistent -0 and you're going to be in great shape.
    73 karma
    @Tina, replying this late may be really weird but I didn't see the notification for some reason! I did do Prep tests in the 40's as well, and my score during those was anywhere from 160 - 165, so I didn't really expect what happened in early 70's!
    73 karma
    Just an update... I have come back to the 165 - 168 range in the later 70's i.e. PT 74, 76, 77, 78. So I no longer know what to think :/ (skipped 75 for December just in case I need it)