Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

What exactly is blind reviewing?

combsnicombsni Free Trial Member
in General 652 karma
What exactly is this phenomenon everyone keeps talking about? Is it just taking a test that isn't under test conditions?

Comments

• AlexAlex Alum Member
    23929 karma

Here is a 3 part video of J.Y. explaining it better than I can.

But here is a quick summary of BR and why is it helpful and how to do it:

BR is a study method you employ after a timed section or full-timed PT.
    During the timed section/test you circle any answers you are not 100% sure about. Then after you are done you go back and review the questions you circled with out being timed.

Why is it helpful? Because you are not focusing on just what answer is right or wrong, but rather your thought process on getting there. It enables you to become cognizant of exactly how you are approaching the questions you are getting wrong or are unsure of and find ways to correct them.

If you just simply score your test before your BR it, J.Y. likens it to gambling. Because if you get it right, great, you won! But did you really learn anything? If you BR your tests you are actually learning and developing good habits.
  • Cant Get RightCant Get Right Yearly + Live Member Sage 🍌 7Sage Tutor
    27860 karma
    Yeah, and just for extra emphasis, it really is important to not score your timed test before your BR. It really undermines the entire process.

It's also helpful to write your BR out. It's surprisingly easy to say, "oh, I see" and then go to write it down and actually have no clue what's going on. It's kind of funny how often that happened to me. In a good BR, you should identify the question stem, write out a breakdown of the stimulus, write out a breakdown of each answer choice, and analyze each answer choice explaining why each is either right or wrong.
  • Nanchito-1-1Nanchito-1-1 Alum Member
    1762 karma
    Very important to do your br on clean copies too. That way you don't convince yourself you're right when really you're wrong lol.
  • MrSamIamMrSamIam Inactive ⭐
    2086 karma
    Everyone here pretty much covered what BR is. The way I see it, it's essentially an untimed, full-length PT.
    The steps are quite simple:
    1) Take your PT
    2) As you're taking a PT, circle questions that you have either: A) Didn't answer, B) Guessed on, or C) Answered, but are not 100% sure as to why the 1 correct AC is correct AND why the 4 incorrect ACs are incorrect.
    3) Go through and redo/do all of the circled questions
    (Note: By this point, your test should be left ungraded so as to not create a bias towards how you approach your BR)
    4) Input numbers into analytics
    5) Review the questions you got wrong even after BR and the ones that you feel you just got lucky with.
  • blah170blahblah170blah Alum Inactive ⭐
    3545 karma
    BR also means different things to different people.

I know one of the sages on here would just review the questions he got wrong because he was spending way too much time on every section.

My issue has been bad psychology when I feel the time crunch so I tend to redo whole sections instead of questions in order to solidify my reasoning.