Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Burn out

rasaluja1rasaluja1 Alum Member
edited August 2014 in General 57 karma
How do you guys handle it? How many days do you take off? How strictly do you avoid the LSAT? I mean do you not look at any questions? Only do games? Review 5 questions a day? What strategies do folks find not only useful but effective?

I am thinking about taking a few days off starting today -- I will probably take a PT on Tuesday. That's 4 days off. It would be a better idea to take a few days off ahead of time (as in now) as opposed to closer to test date, right? I'll probably keep my head clear and stay away from the LSAT the day before the test though.

What do you guys think? Any tips, suggestions, strategies, etc. will be appreciated. Thanks :)

Comments

• Nilesh SNilesh S Alum Inactive ⭐
    edited August 2014 3438 karma
    Do what feels right... nobody knows you better than your self and what works for the majority may not work for you... but yes... anecdotal accounts suggest that taking a few days off helps... I don't follow this however... If I fee like I need a day off after 4 days of intense study... I take the day off... I balance it by studying hard on the days that I am studying and sometimes pushing ahead in spite of the desire not to work.
  • chrijani7chrijani7 Alum Member
    827 karma
    I personally don't ever take an entire day off. Some days you feel it and some days you don't. If its a good day and I am feeling, then I take complete advantage of that and crush it. But, on the other hand if it's just not my day, then I will still study just not as long, but I will get at least something done (3-4 hrs). I don't like entire days off because I feel like I fall off the wagon, I like to keep my brain fresh, so I try get something done whether it be just some light review or something. Also, I feel guilty if I don't do anything which only makes matters worse. So like Nilesh said, do what feels right. Everyone has there own way of dealing with stressful situations.
  • elvisliveselvislives Alum Member
    97 karma
    I think days off are crucial. It allows things to settle in your brain. I typically write 3 PTs per week - I hit my highest LSAT score after taking the weekend off, and then the following two I do that week dip slightly. This has been a trend with my PTs for quite some time now. That being said, everyone is different. Try it out, and see what happens. A day or two off won't make or break your score.
  • chase62442chase62442 Alum Member
    79 karma
    It's so hard to take a day off but I do think it's important. Even a few days off is probably helpful. But there's no way to know for sure if it will help or hurt you. That's why it's stressful, for me at least. Lol. Trust your gut.