Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Advice Needed

KaterynaKateryna Alum Member
edited September 2016 in General 984 karma
So, I just did timed pt and scored 16/24 on logic games (ran out of time on the 1st question of the last game). Do you think if i print the games from pt 1-35 and just drill them until I get them right under time conditions it will improve my score? Will 35 tests be enough? Ideally, obviously, I would like to get them all correct. Though being realistic about my skills, I am aiming to get 22/24 on the actual day.

Comments

• Cant Get RightCant Get Right Yearly + Live Member Sage 🍌 7Sage Tutor
    27878 karma
    @Kateryna said:
    Do you think if i print the games from pt 1-35 and just drill them until I get them right under time conditions it will improve my score?
    I think this would drastically improve your score, yes.
  • blah170blahblah170blah Alum Inactive ⭐
    3545 karma
    Yes, LG is all about muscle memory and pattern recognition.
  • Matthew524Matthew524 Member
    651 karma
    That's what I did. I drilled logic games from pt 1-30. My score drastically increased and my average is -1 on LG.
  • KaterynaKateryna Alum Member
    984 karma
    @Matthew524 how long did it take you? what was your pace?
  • AlexAlex Alum Member
    23929 karma
    @Kateryna said:
    Do you think if i print the games from pt 1-35 and just drill them until I get them right under time conditions it will improve my score?
    Without a doubt, 100%, bet my life on it. Especially if you use the fool-proof method!

I took my diagnostic in the beginning of June and LG was by far my worst. I think I went -20 or -21. Before I even was a paid member of 7sage I began using the fool-proof method and using the free LG games. I drilled all the games PT 1-35 using the fool proof method over the course of the next month or so. By the middle of July I was only missing 2-3 on timed LG sections. Needless to say, it helped a lot!

All the books in the world and 7Sage videos can only help so much. To get better at LG you have to begin seeing the patterns. By using the 7Sage fool-proof method you'll begin to experience what I call games deja vu. Essentially all of the games will start to seem like repeats; even if it is your first time attempting them. That is because by using the FP method, you are actually memorizing inferences. And all games repeat such similar inferences that after a while you'll be doing them in your sleep.
    @Kateryna said:
    Will 35 tests be enough?
    Probably enough to get you really good at games. I still would recommend fool-proofing every game from 36-78 (After you've taken it as a full-timed exam and done your proper BR of course) This way when you take the LSAT for real you will be used to the never games. But 1-35 to learn and get really good at games should be enough, yes.

@Kateryna said:
    Ideally, obviously, I would like to get them all correct. Though being realistic about my skills, I am aiming to get 22/24 on the actual day.
    Aim to get 24/24 on game day! You absolutely can do it. Don't be obsessed with chasing the -0, but realize it is completely possible and it is the most common section students go -0 on.

651 karma
    @Kateryna I did about 3-5 prep tests a day just on logic games. Spent overall about over a week focusing on logic games, while touching upon RC and LR. It helped me out a lot and I always watched the videos that JY has because sometimes there are inferences that you may not see, even though you get all the questions right in the game.
  • desire2learndesire2learn Member
    1171 karma
    @"Kateryna" Yes doing that will help you immensely. Especially take the time to review the videos with JY after the games because that helps with speed so much in the long run. Do them over and over and keep reviewing the videos. You will get soooooo much better at them.
    984 karma
    thank you, thats my goal for the next week then! will work on logic games and update you next sunday after timed test :)
    984 karma
    @Matthew524 did you keep retaking games until you got all answers right timed? or did you just do all the games and watched the JY videos without actually redoing the games u got wrong?
    651 karma
    @Kateryna I kept on doing them until I got all the answers correctly timed.
  • danielznelsondanielznelson Alum Inactive Sage Inactive ⭐
    4181 karma
    Yo you should be aiming for a perfect score on LG. Drilling 1-35 (and redoing them for perfect scores and sound timing) should help a lot.
    984 karma
    @danielznelson thank you. i will follow your advice.