Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

RC Predictions

legal_namelegal_name Alum Member
in General 277 karma
To relieve some Pre-September test tension and anxiety, I thought it might be fun to predict what we think some of the topics may be for Reading Comprehension. It'd be fun to go back after and see if anyone actually got it right.

I'm going to go ahead and suggest "human population/migration patterns" as a potential topic.

Comments

• Cant Get RightCant Get Right Yearly + Live Member Sage 🍌 7Sage Tutor
    27809 karma
    Love this!

Analysis of a legal case involving the rights of an independent American Indian Nation to litigate American businesses operating within their nation in their own courts and by their own laws. (Comparative)
  • LSATKingsmanLSATKingsman Alum Member
    1024 karma
    This is hilarious.

Idk but I am getting a vibe that we are going to get something about some stupid ass animal. My money is on a type of fish probably like a deep sea type of thing. How does it get oxygen, predators around, how it gets food.

#SeptFindingNemoLSAT
  • LSATKingsmanLSATKingsman Alum Member
    1024 karma
    @"Cant Get Right" We just had one about that! Something like the the indians and the lessons they taught to their kids? I can't remember now.
  • Accounts PlayableAccounts Playable Live Sage
    edited September 2016 3107 karma
    1.) Economics: Giffen Goods

2.) Art: This will be the comparative passage comparing stream of consciousness in literature; both passages are scholarly articles (Passage A about Phineas Finn by Anthony Trollope and Passage B about Ulysses by James Joyce)

3.) Law: Evolution of the 1st Amendment/Abrams v United States

4.) Science: Dyson Spheres
    27809 karma
    Oh weird, I don't remember that at all. There's two 70's series tests I haven't taken yet, so maybe it's in one of those.
  • legal_namelegal_name Alum Member
    277 karma
    @"Cant Get Right" I haven't either so I totally would've believed it. I also managed to predict the one about judicial recuse the night before PT 75 (and a lot of episodes of Good Wife) which sparked the whole idea for this discussion. We grant you a second chance :)
    @LSATKingsman said:
    #SeptFindingNemoLSAT
    I'm crying. We need to start a movement.

277 karma
    @"Accounts Playable" The level of confidence and detail is amazing. I will be incredibly disappointed if your prediction is incorrect. Where can I find additional reading on Dyson Spheres?
  • draj0623draj0623 Alum Member
    916 karma
    I love this thread. My guess is one on antibiotic resistance for the science passage.
  • DallasOnFireDallasOnFire Member
    edited September 2016 249 karma
    1. Native American oral history in the French and Indian war
    2. African American new interpretations of jazz
    3. Antibacterial products and new resistant bacteria
    4. Critical review of Paul Gauguin's painting of "Ice Fissures"
    5. Achievements of asian women writers in the middle of the sub-saharan desert

It's all cheese, man.
    277 karma
    @draj0623 Glad you like it! I think this should become 7sage tradition prior to every test. That's a great one. There was a great article on antibacterial soap vs. regular soap I read somewhere recently comparing antibacterial soap to antibiotics (in terms of resistance). Wouldn't be surprised if you're right.
    277 karma
    Apparently I may not have been the only one who read the article on antibacterial soap lol @DallasOnFire Love it.
  • Accounts PlayableAccounts Playable Live Sage
    3107 karma
    27809 karma
    Should we build a Dyson Sphere? OF COURSE we should!!
  • DallasOnFireDallasOnFire Member
    edited September 2016 249 karma
    Dyson Sphere hype
    277 karma
    @"Accounts Playable" Awesome! Thank you
  • DEC_LSATDEC_LSAT Alum Member
    edited September 2016 760 karma
    @legal_name ahhh the good wife. i'm still emotional about the ending but it was a long time coming.
  • DEC_LSATDEC_LSAT Alum Member
    760 karma
    @"Accounts Playable" nice- thanks for the links. This could help a lot as i am not a sci major
    27809 karma
    @"legal_name" said:
    We grant you a second chance :)
    Hooray!

In that case, I predict something about Great Depression era African American Fine Arts that anticipated the Civil Rights Movement.
    277 karma
    @Nina_Lucas You could tell they were really trying to wrap it up - the ending felt rushed to me

@"Cant Get Right" I'm making a note of reading up on that just in case lol