Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Applying in January.

combsnicombsni Free Trial Member
edited September 2016 in General 652 karma
Is there a disadvantage to applying to law school in January?

Comments

• SprinklesSprinkles Alum Member
    11542 karma
    Earlier is always better but there are people still applying after the Feb. LSAT so Jan. isn't too bad but still would advise to apply earlier.
  • combsnicombsni Free Trial Member
    652 karma
    @montaha.rizeq what are the disadvantages
  • AlexAlex Alum Member
    edited September 2016 23929 karma
    @combsni said:
    @montaha.rizeq what are the disadvantages
    Less scholarship money and less seats left to offer to those who apply.

Applying in January isn't late, but it is on the later side. It is usually best to apply earlier (Oct/Nov) Even if you are taking the LSAT in Dec, submit apps and request they be held until your LSAT scores are in. This was the information/advice I received from Spivey Consulting.

11542 karma
    @"Alex Divine" said:
    Even if you are taking the LSAT in Dec, submit apps and request they be held until your LSAT scores are in.
    Yup. This is usually the recommendation so once your LSAT score comes in, your application will automatically be put for review instead of having to wait a week or two to go through the submission process.
  • AlexAlex Alum Member
    23929 karma
    @montaha.rizeq said:
    your application will automatically be put for review instead of having to wait a week or two to go through the submission process.
    :) Yup! That is what I will end up doing if I have to take next December. I'm planning for June/September, but if I am not in the 170s by then, I will be postponing again, lol.
    11542 karma
    @"Alex Divine" said:
    I'm planning for June/September, but if I am not in the 170s by then, I will be postponing again, lol.
    Haha! I love that you have the luxury to postpone and take the LSAT again if June/Sept doesn't work out. I unfortunately wasted two takes pre 7sage :D
  • AlexAlex Alum Member
    23929 karma
    @montaha.rizeq said:
    Haha! I love that you have the luxury to postpone and take the LSAT again if June/Sept doesn't work out. I unfortunately wasted two takes pre 7sage :D
    Yeah, not taking in September and postponing was the best LSAT-related decision I've made. And of course getting 7Sage which is why I decided to postpone, lol.

I know you are going to kill it this last time because you aren't taking it until you are hitting that target! :)
  • kmarie7kmarie7 Alum Member
    208 karma
    @"Alex Divine"
    Applying in January isn't late, but it is on the later side. It is usually best to apply earlier (Oct/Nov) Even if you are taking the LSAT in Dec, submit apps and request they be held until your LSAT scores are in. This was the information/advice I received from Spivey Consulting.
    What if December will be a retake. How do I request they wait on the new score coming in December, instead of looking at my old score?
  • JShepherdJShepherd Core Member
    73 karma

They will still see both scores unless you cancelled your first attempt.