Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Upgraded from lsat starter to premium and need advice!

DEC_LSATDEC_LSAT Alum Member
in General 760 karma
Hey guys,
I just upgraded from the starter to premium. I'm not sure how to proceed. I'm almost certain now that i will be writing in December instead of September. Mainly because I haven't done any recent practice tests. I've only gotten to PT 39 (timed). The premium goes up to PT 58. My main question is when should i start doing recent preptests? I have the rest of September, October and November to study and I'm not sure how to proceed considering I only have explanations for up to PT58 on 7sage and have no experience with more recent tests! Thanks in advance!

Comments

• AlexAlex Alum Member
    23929 karma
    < familiarity >@"Nina_Lucas" said:
    main question is when should i start doing recent preptests? I have the rest of September, October and November to study and I'm not sure how to proceed considering I only have explanations for up to PT58 on 7sage and have no experience with more recent tests! Thanks in advance!

Congrats on the upgrade :)

I would consider doing a good amount of the more recent tests before you sit for the exam in December. (So most of the 60s and most, if not all of the 70s) Use some of the 40s and 50s for timed sections/drills. I think it is really important that you maximize your familiarity with the more recent tests because the 70s seem to take a bit of time to adjust to.

• DEC_LSATDEC_LSAT Alum Member
    760 karma
    @"Alex Divine" Thanks Alex. Sounds like the most logical thing to do!
  • AlexAlex Alum Member
    edited September 2016 23929 karma
    < imperative >@"Nina_Lucas" said:
    "Alex Divine" Thanks Alex. Sounds like the most logical thing to do!

:) No Prob! Yeah, from what I hear it is imperative to get acclimated to the 70s before sitting for the exam. They are a bit different in regards to LR I hear (Longer stims, and more convoluted and trickier answer choices)
  • awyeah26awyeah26 Alum Member
    75 karma
    @"Alex Divine" said:
    Yeah, from what I hear it is imperative to get acclimated to the 70s before sitting for the exam.
    Seconded. Definitely try to take the more recent tests. The other thing I would add is to try not to waste the newer tests until you feel like you're comfortable with what you've learned in the curriculum. It's been my experience (limited to be honest) that while I think I'm comfortable with the curriculum, questions change my approach and thinking. I'd give it a bit of time before diving right into the newer tests. Good luck!
  • DEC_LSATDEC_LSAT Alum Member
    edited September 2016 760 karma
    @"Alex Divine" thanks so much alex. you're literally my best friend on here. @TheWord26 thanks so much! Good luck to you too!
  • SprinklesSprinkles Alum Member
    11542 karma
    Alex is the bomb diggity.
  • MrSamIamMrSamIam Inactive ⭐
    2086 karma
    @"Alex Divine" Couldn't have said it better myself.
    Don't you dare sit the December test without taking most, if not all of the PTs from 60 upwards. For now, finish the core curriculum, take a PT and use it as a diagnostic tool, then work on your weaknesses. Save a handful of the more recent PTs (60+) for the month of November, but, throw a few in for the preceding months.
  • AlexAlex Alum Member
    edited September 2016 23929 karma
    @"Nina_Lucas" said:
    thanks so much alex. you're literally my best friend on here

Aww image
    @montaha.rizeq said:
    Alex is the bomb diggity.
    Montaha is the bombest-bomb diggity!