Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

LOR; I waived but still cc'ed on it

sbc.mom_3xsbc.mom_3x Alum Member
in General 1501 karma
I waived my right to see my letters. One recommender cc'ed me on the letter & I received it today. It reads on the bottom "cc: ____" -my name. Is this going to be harmful &/or should I not submit this letter with my applications? It's from a previous boss for whom I worked as his legal assistant. The letter is nice it's 2 paragraphs & short & sweet, not complaining I just wasn't sure if I expected something long & detailed or right to the point. I was glad he wrote me one, I'm a bit older & have been working quite some time, I do have 2 letters each from a professor. Any advice? Should I submit this one or hold off since anyone who reads it will know that I have as well.

Comments

• AlexAlex Alum Member
    23929 karma
    @"dytmom_3x" said:
    Any advice? Should I submit this one or hold off since anyone who reads it will know that I have as well.
    So the primary concern here is the "cc: ......." at the bottom? Or were you also concerned about the content and length as well?

I'm actually not too sure how the cc: to you will be viewed by admissions.

• sbc.mom_3xsbc.mom_3x Alum Member
    1501 karma
    Primary concern is the fact that I'm copied on it :/
    1501 karma
    Curious what @david.busis thinks
  • David BusisDavid Busis Member Moderator
    7262 karma
    Hmm—I'd guess that most admissions officers won't have a problem with it, but there's a chance that someone might value it less. Any chance you can ask the boss to resubmit without you?
    1501 karma
    I guess I have nothing to lose by asking him that. Thank you, as simple as it sounds I just didn't think of that. I appreciate the advice.