Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Seeking experts' opinion on this :)

Regis_Phalange63Regis_Phalange63 Alum Member
edited September 2016 in General 1058 karma
Hey y'all! I wish nothing but the best to those taking the LSAT in September.
I just have a quick question for you guys. So I studied for the LSAT sporadically throughout the second half of my college career.
I quit studying for the test at the end of 2013 as I had to enlist in the military. I haven't studied for it since then. I drilled dozens of RC from time to time but I haven't been able to study consistently. Now that I have time and have become an Ultimate+ member recently, I'm hoping to take the test next year. So I just took the first LR from June 2011 administration UNTIMED and I got a 23/25 and I did not guess any of the questions. I reasoned myself and eliminated every wrong answer choice with conviction. Granted I took it untimed(And I'm going to do this for a while because accuracy and certainty>>>>>>>>>timing right now) but I personally think this is encouraging because the last time I finished PT-ing 3 years ago I was scoring in the range of 158-161 on PT 50s all the way to 69/70. LR June 2011 is still relatively a modern test and so I'm wondering if I'm in good shape to just continue drilling LR sections from modern tests instead of having to go through Manhattan LSAT or perusing LSAT Trainer for LR. Do you think this was just a fluke? I am curious of your thoughts on this! I don't have issues with any particular question types. If the stimulus or the question itself is difficult, I get it wrong. Simple as that. Most of the questions I miss/struggle with have difficulty levels of 4 and 5 on this website. I look forward to reading your comments! But 23/25 untimed LR for a guy who was in the high 150s 3 years ago is actually giving me consolation and strength that with a lot more practice I will be able to write the test next summer/fall.

Your fellow LSATer,
DK

Comments

• desire2learndesire2learn Member
    1171 karma
    I think that is fantastic. Just don't get too set on ALWAYS being able to hit that mark. I had several tests where I would hit a certain score and then I would "bomb" an LR section in my next PT. It made me realize that some tests reveal weaknesses that had not been revealed much because the previous PTs had played to my strengths. So keep working on all facets. There are some changes to LR in the 70s specifically that you will want to become familiar with. If you search the discussion threads you will find some great discussions on the topic. Keep up the great work and THANK YOU for serving in the military. We owe you a great debt.
  • MrSamIamMrSamIam Inactive ⭐
    2086 karma
    You're certainly in a good position. All you really need is the Ultimate+ course, and if RC is giving you trouble consider reading The Trainer.
    Once you have completed the core curriculum, start PTing (timed!) and BRing. Your PT scores will provide you with a range of what you are likely to score on the actual test. Your BR score is indicative of what you are capable of scoring, assuming you put in the effort.
    Once you've finished the CC, everything should be timed (aside from BR). Timed drilling, timed practice, timed tests.