Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Will all test scores disappear after 5 yrs?

Tina ChoTina Cho Free Trial Member
in General 442 karma
Some standardized test score disappear after 5 yrs right? Is it true for LSAT?
I heard we can take it 3 times within 5 yrs...is it because they reset test scores?
How do they calculate this?
Like, if people take it for 4 times...does that mean it took them more than 5 years for LSAT?

Comments

• SprinklesSprinkles Alum Member
    11542 karma
    @"Tina Cho" said:
    Is it true for LSAT?
    Yup.
    @"Tina Cho" said:
    I heard we can take it 3 times within 5 yrs...
    No, the rule is you can take it 3 times every 2 years.
    @"Tina Cho" said:
    if people take it for 4 times...does that mean it took them more than 5 years for LSAT?
    Nope. Let me give you myself as an example. I took my first LSAT in 2014, and another one in 2016, since that's a two year gap, my 3 LSATs have been renewed. Although I can take it more than one more time, I don't think I will be taking that route because law schools become suspicious if they see you've taken the LSAT more than 3 times even though they'll most likely only take the highest score.
  • Tina ChoTina Cho Free Trial Member
    442 karma
    @montaha.rizeq So..if you wanna take more than 3 times, maybe you should wait for 5 yrs (from the 1st take) and take it after the 1st or second score disappear right? ( long rung though
    11542 karma
    That's a possibility but does that sound logical to you? Are you entering your third take? If not I wouldn't worry too much about this :)
  • Tina ChoTina Cho Free Trial Member
    442 karma
    true lol and it will be showed weird on the test score report too...like there's almost 5 yrs interval between the 1st take and the last take.
    and 3rd take need to be much higher score; otherwise it might be disadvantage actually?
    11542 karma
    Haha. The only disadvantage you put yourself in is if you take it more than 3 times. While the 3rd score doesn't necessarily have to be much higher than the previous ones, it's good to see an upward trend. It shows adcomms you're determined.