Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Any new question types on recent lsats?

goegoe10goegoe10 Alum Member
edited September 2014 in General 56 karma
Preptest 65 is the latest test I have on my 7sage account. For those who have done later lsats, are there are any new question types on the later lsats?

I have plenty of older tests to review, but I'm wondering if I would be missing anything if I never see preptests newer than 65.

Comments

• polsckenpolscken Alum Member
    199 karma
    I decided to buy the 10 Actual book and I really appreciated taking the newer tests. The logic games are pretty manageable, but the reading comp is a real bruiser. I would at least recommend getting PT 72. 7Sage offered it for $6.00 for a bit, but I would say it is worth getting that one at least. It has a weird logic game. Someone else mentioned that 71 had another odd logic game. I have 70 and 71 left to take before test day.
  • goegoe10goegoe10 Alum Member
    56 karma
    Good to know, thanks. So you bought the actual book to get the tests? Where did you get explanations for the answers? I was thinking about upgrading my 7sage account to get up to PT71 with explanation, but it's $200 vs ~$22 for the latest 10 Actual book.
  • David WayneDavid Wayne Free Trial Member
    571 karma
    Spend the 22 dollars if you don't want to upgrade. Very important to do those tests to get a feel for the LSAT in its most recent incarnation. You'll get good practice with rule substitution questions, comparative reading, and some other new LR question types (principle/application questions, and a new heavy emphasis on rigorously applied pseudo sufficient assumption principles, just to name a few newer ideas).
  • polsckenpolscken Alum Member
    199 karma
    I didn't get the answers. But I did put my test results into the analytics. It doesn't tell you what the score is, but it does tell you the type and the correct answer so you can work your way backwards.
  • GraceloverGracelover Alum Member
    440 karma
    Maybe no new question types, but if I were you I would do as many new ones as possible. I would consider upgrading! I upgraded and got a whole bunch more practice material and explanations....very helpful :)
  • inactiveinactive Alum Member
    12637 karma
    Hey polscken, Analytics definitely scores your PT for you if you put in the answers. If you're not seeing that, could you tell me a little more about it? It could be a problem that I should let Alan know to fix. Thanks!
  • unrealsimonunrealsimon Alum Member
    48 karma
    Actually I think there is a new type of LR called "help to evaluate the argument". The stimulus goes like this, "which one of the following would be most useful to know in order to evaluate the argument."
    I only encountered these questions in the last 2 PTs, both of which are after 65. However I didn't do 61-64, so I could be wrong.
  • David WayneDavid Wayne Free Trial Member
    571 karma
    Evaluate questions, though rare, have appeared on much earlier LSAT's as well, so they are not a recent innovation, although their appearance in the 60's suggests they may be making a comeback, so definitely worth noting.
  • laura.myers63laura.myers63 Free Trial Member
    32 karma
    Is there a strategy to the evaluate questions? I was a bit stumped by the first one on PT 65.
  • goegoe10goegoe10 Alum Member
    56 karma
    The strategy I used is to treat it like a strengthen or weaken question combined in one. If I knew the answer to what choice A is saying, would that weaken or strengthen the argument? If it does, then it will help evaluate the argument.