Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

How Best to Maintain a High Score to Test Day?

CanadianhopefulCanadianhopeful Alum Member
edited September 2014 in General 38 karma
I am taking the September LSAT and have recently been hitting some extremely high scores, and my question is basically as it says on the tin, what can I do to ensure that these scores hold to test day? What sort of study methods should be used as regards maintenance and atrophy prevention?

Comments

• unrealsimonunrealsimon Alum Member
    edited September 2014 48 karma
    If you've been constantly achieving high scores on a very consistent basis, say, like in all of the past 5-8 PTs, then I think it's safe to say that you've got the skills to maintain that score, assuming that you've done your PTs in a environment that's closely modeled after the test day environment. Just keep your current style, strategy and pacing. Tackle the few question types that you get wrong, and maybe you will even get better score :D
  • GraceloverGracelover Alum Member
    440 karma
    One thing that people tend to do during the actual test is to rush, and rushing is one of the biggest reasons why people's scores drop! Just remember, no rushing! :) Wish you luck on your test!
  • ENTJENTJ Alum Inactive ⭐
    3658 karma
    @Gracelover: Good advice Grace :)
  • danielznelsondanielznelson Alum Inactive Sage Inactive ⭐
    4181 karma
    I'd warmup before the test with a very simple logic game. I will be doing this, as any lapse in LSAT taking manifests itself in my next LG score. I become hesitant and and bit paralyzed - at least enough to throw me off from my normal performance.
  • msmith85msmith85 Alum Member
    213 karma
    heres a very helpful article by a 180 scorer http://www.top-law-schools.com/how-i-scored-a-180-article3.html
    they go into detail about their general prep and towards the end discuss preparing for test day and best managing stress to ensure test day goes smoothly.
  • cole.w.murdochcole.w.murdoch Alum Member
    228 karma
    Thanks for that msmith85, bookmarked and will review as test day comes closer.