Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Official September LSAT Discussion Thread

inactiveinactive Alum Member
edited September 2016 in September 2016 LSAT 12637 karma
Hey guys! Here's the official September LSAT Discussion Thread. Please keep all discussions of the September 2016 LSAT here!

Here's some ground rules, taken from my usual sticky:

We know that everyone will be excited to discuss what was on the September '16 LSAT, but mentioning specifics about the test (e.g., "I got B for question 6" or "the 3rd LG was sequencing") can get both us and you in a lot of trouble with LSAC. Saying that the test was hard/easy without going into detail is okay, but anything more specific is not okay. LSAC monitors this forum.

If you're unsure what may be too specific, feel free to PM me with what you'd like to post.

The only exception is you can say which sections were real or experimental. For example, the LG with "flowers" was experimental. That's okay.

TL;DR: PLEASE don't talk specifics about September's LSAT!

Here's where you can see the current Real/Experimental Sections:
https://7sage.com/discussion/#/discussion/8821/september-2016-lsat-real-experimental-sections-keywords

Have fun discussing!
LSAT Difficulty
  1. How difficult do you think the Sept. LSAT was?280 votes
    1. Very difficult. It was a real challenge.
      54.64%
    2. As difficult as any other LSAT. I was well prepared.
      35.36%
    3. Not difficult at all. It was underwhelming.
        2.14%
    4. Kill me.
        7.86%

Comments

• inactiveinactive Alum Member
    12637 karma
    Unlocked for discussion!
  • SprinklesSprinkles Alum Member
    11542 karma
    I can't waittttt
  • BinghamtonDaveBinghamtonDave Alum Member 🍌🍌
    8689 karma
    I feel like people I know from the BR groups and messages went off to battle this morning. I eagerly await their return :)
    12637 karma
    @David3389 said:
    I feel like people I know from the BR groups and messages went off to battle this morning. I eagerly await their return :)
    https://pics.onsizzle.com/when-will-my-husband-return-from-war-852971.png
    11542 karma
    @David3389 said:
    Same haha. The first batch of LSAT takers in the US (EST) should be reporting back to us in an hour or so.
  • patrickianpatrickian Member
    20 karma
    Just got home. Had 3 LR sections... so one of them was experimental. Felt like just another pretest. If I get the score I was trending at, I'll be happy.
    12637 karma
    @patrickian said:
    Just got home. Had 3 LR sections... so one of them was experimental. Felt like just another pretest. If I get the score I was trending at, I'll be happy.
    Welcome back! Hope you did well. Can you share anything you remember from a section? (While following the thread rules, please!)
    11542 karma
    @patrickian said:
    Felt like just another pretest. If I get the score I was trending at, I'll be happy.
    Yaaaay!!!!!
  • SmartsmogSmartsmog Alum Member
    39 karma
    LG was experimental in mine.
    12637 karma
    @Smartsmog said:
    LG was experimental in mine.
    Can you share anything you remember from the other sections so I can start filling out the real/experimental thread?
  • christopherjluteschristopherjlutes Free Trial Member
    edited September 2016 7 karma
    I had LG experimental and there was an RC passage about a lacquer artist who became an architect

Also there was an LR question about Caterpillars and Linoleric acid
    12637 karma
    @christopherjlutes said:
    there was an RC passage about a lacquer artist who became an architect
    Thanks! Adding it to the list now.
    edited September 2016 12637 karma
    Anyone without an LG experimental get a game on Computer Viruses?
    12637 karma
    @christopherjlutes said:
    Also there was an LR question about Caterpillars and Linoleric acid
    Whoops, just saw your edit. Added!
    12637 karma
    @"Dillon A. Wright" said:
    Anyone without an LG experimental get a game on Computer Viruses?
    Someone on Reddit confirmed this!
  • danielznelsondanielznelson Alum Inactive Sage Inactive ⭐
    4181 karma
    Computer viruses was real. That was my only LG.
    11542 karma
    @danielznelson said:
    Computer viruses was real. That was my only LG.
    How did it go man?????
    4181 karma
    Had an RC passage discussing the multiverse and the Big Bang. Can't remember if that was with the lacquer one or not
    12637 karma
    Lots more added to the thread:
    https://7sage.com/discussion/#/discussion/8821/september-2016-lsat-real-experimental-sections-keywords

Keep 'em coming! Feel free to PM me if you're scared of breaking rules.
  • seanorafferty33seanorafferty33 Free Trial Member
    8 karma
    There was a logic games about park rangers and one about teachers assistants that were real. I had RC experimental
    12637 karma
    @seanorafferty33 said:
    There was a logic games about park rangers and one about teachers assistants that were real. I had RC experimental
    Thanks for confirming!
  • LSATKingsmanLSATKingsman Alum Member
    edited September 2016 1024 karma
    Computer virus might go down as one of the hardest games.

Think Zephyr airlines but computer viruses. I fathom there is a very easy way to expose this game but in 9 minutes I couldn't figure it out. I had to have missed something. after all that studying just couldn't get it to click damn.

I can't talk more about it but check out zephyr. Also a water pipes game I thought had the same principals but I can't recall it. I'll look around.
    4181 karma
    @seanorafferty33 what did you think of the experimental RC? I had that as well
  • Ron SwansonRon Swanson Alum Member Inactive ⭐
    1650 karma
    Really hoping for a forgiving curve given that ridiculous virus game
    12637 karma
  • tianyijoannatianyijoanna Free Trial Member
    2 karma
    Multiverse and the Big Bang RC is not real. I didn't have it on my RC and I only had one RC.
    12637 karma
    @tianyijoanna said:
    Multiverse and the Big Bang RC is not real. I didn't have it on my RC and I only had one RC.
    Yep, was removed!
  • cilib2rkcilib2rk Free Trial Member
    5 karma
    I had 3 LR sections--two of them had 26 questions and the other had 25. One of my LR sections with 26 questions had its very first question regarding loggerhead turtles. Trying to figure out if that was real or experimental. Can anyone recall if they had that question? Also, did people with only 2 LRs have 25 questions in one of the sections?

Thanks!
    1024 karma
    Had 3 LR can someone confirm if Misunderstand the meaning of a word question was real or fake?
  • beth.flandersbeth.flanders Alum Member
    212 karma
    computer virus game definitely a killer for me, i ended up on guessing. I was hoping it was experimental because I had two LG sections. Both the LR sections seemed odd, not a lot of abstract language which i guess can be a good thing. On the one RC section, i had the lacquer artist and the comparative on body building, one on legal regarding monetary damages, and i don't recall the 4th one at the moment.
  • rmshirk22rmshirk22 Alum Member
    80 karma
    This is irrelevant to the disscusion of experimental vs real sections. I was wondering if anyone has or ever had experience with distracting proctors? I have taken the LSAT twice in a different state where my proctors were respectful of test takers. However, today I noticed the proctors not only were loudly whispering during the test, but they also would continuously go in and out of the door. I'm very disappointed with the lack of respect.
    12637 karma
    @beth.flanders said:
    On the one RC section
    Thanks! Do these sound familiar for LR??
    @"Dillon A. Wright" said:
    LR:
    -Caterpillars/Linoleric Acid
    -ACME Bank/Corporation
    -Lab Animals
    -Children Breaking Windows/Responsibility
    -City Changing Signs/Waste of Money
    -Parents Singing to Children
    11542 karma
    @rmshirk22 you can report your experience to LSAC
    12637 karma
    @LSATKingsman said:
    Had 3 LR can someone confirm if Misunderstand the meaning of a word question was real or fake?
    Will check!
    212 karma
    @"Dillon A. Wright", yes all of those sound familiar for LR.
  • mk940808mk940808 Alum Member
    209 karma
    How did everyone find it? The viruses one was such a strange game, but it was the one with the teaching assistants (I think) right before it that killed me!! Ended up having to guess 3 -- it was so difficult!! :'(

I got three LR -- is there anyone who got two who remembers which they were?
    12637 karma
    @beth.flanders said:
    yes all of those sound familiar for LR.
    Thank you!
    212 karma
    @LSATKingsman
    @LSATKingsman said:
    I believe that is real, i also had this question and only 2 LR sections.
  • pmathur2016pmathur2016 Alum Member
    edited September 2016 32 karma
    @"Ron Swanson" said:
    Really hoping for a forgiving curve given that ridiculous virus game
    Isn't the LSAT not curved? Please forgive me if I've wrong! LSAC's methods have always mystified me.
    12637 karma
    @beth.flanders said:
    I believe that is real, i also had this question and only 2 LR sections.
    Few people on Reddit also said this was real!
    @LSATKingsman said:
  • leejayleeleejaylee Alum Member
    218 karma
    I had two LG, I had 10 mins for that computer virus game, and got smacked. One of the hardest I've done.
  • zhangziyao1995zhangziyao1995 Free Trial Member
    8 karma
    I had three LR. Can someone confirm whether theres a LR section that talks about some people dislike each other and still respect each other, then some people blah and some thing about prosperity or some word start with p. Is this real or experimental
    Still trying to figure out that Computer Game I swear I've seen it before but it may have been a game not written by LSAC.

Dang that sucks on the "mis understand word question" I read it and read it and came back and read it some more and couldn't figure it out.

My fear for this test was LR was very easy and i'm worried that they might have done a really good job with wrong answer choices.

You know when you are doing games and you have all sub game-boards so you can mechanically go down the list and move right on? That was LR all three sections to a TEE. Never felt like this before but..yeah...idk.

Game 3 Sub-boards is the way to go for sure but you couldn't allow yourself to solve them all out. Had to roll with them because I don't think you could understand how the rules operate in your head. Also first time I have ever had a problem confusing rules between games and games 2 and 3 had me questioning the rules.

Hope you guys talk about the RC difficulty because I couldn't tell. Questions felt super fucking hard while passages were quite easy. idk.

On a lighter note, what a joke on that first game still took me 8 minutes bahahahaha. Might be the first ever 3 minute game. @"J.Y. Ping" this game should take you 30 seconds. srs

If anything is not allowed please tell me or edit it!
  • DallasOnFireDallasOnFire Member
    249 karma
    I had two RCs and just recently learned that muscle memory and lacquer is the real section. I rarely have difficulty with RC and this really killed me, felt unsure for many answers. The computer viruses was also real and I had to guess on most of those questions.

LR was quite reasonable can't remember any that really confused me.
    1650 karma
    @pmathur2016 said:
    Isn't the LSAT not curved? Please forgive me if I've wrong! LSAC's methods have always mystified me.
    Sorry, curve may not be the best way to put it. LSAC basically uses experimental sections to create a scoring scale a few years in advance.

So that Virus game (or a similar variation), was likely given as an experimental a few years back. LSAC tweaks it as necessary and uses the way students score on said games/sections in order to develop scoring scales for particular tests. Make sense?

That's why sometimes it's -11 for a 170 and other times it can be as high as like -13.

I'm hoping this one is on the -13 side. Since there were 101 questions, you'd need 88 correct for the 170
    1650 karma
    @LSATKingsman said:
    Hope you guys talk about the RC difficulty because I couldn't tell. Questions felt super fucking hard while passages were quite easy. idk.
    I personally thought the RC was easy-ish, and RC is generally my worst section. The Licour (or whatever art passage) was def the most challenging. I guess I was just more interested in the subject matter (weight lifting, Ancient people, contracts), so I had an easier time grasping the passages
  • Cant Get RightCant Get Right Yearly + Live Member Sage 🍌 7Sage Tutor
    27809 karma
    I can confirm an LR that ended on a chess software question.
    So many RRE questions!!

Reconfirm RC: lacquer artist who became an architect, plus forcing parties to fulfill contract in dispute, and CR as passage 1 something about science I think.

Computer viruses suck!
    @"Ron Swanson" yeah I think the passages weren't bad but the questions. I just remember on several being able to support multiple answer choices from the text. So much so I would point to the support for each choice and had to compare it.
  • pmathur2016pmathur2016 Alum Member
    edited September 2016 32 karma
    @"Ron Swanson" That makes complete sense - thank you for your explanation. I hope that it's both in our favors!!
    1650 karma
    @LSATKingsman

And that's the nature of the beast with RC. Maybe I felt so good about it because I had it 3rd, and had just come off of crushing an LR and what I thought was a real LG. Ugh