Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Accurate? Or nah

The 180 Bro_OVOThe 180 Bro_OVO Alum Inactive ⭐
edited September 2014 in General 1392 karma
I saw someone make this comment on the discussion board.

"All I can say is that one full month with your full concentration on 7sage 10 hours a day will actually improve your LSAT score by at least 20 points. Ask around and you will confirm my statement."

Thoughts?/Any actually experience this kind of jump?

Comments

• cole.w.murdochcole.w.murdoch Alum Member
    228 karma
    From my experience, I got a 146 on my cold diagnostic with a BR of 150. I had no idea how to do logic games (-18 on the cold) but my reading comp has always been decent. Once completing the curriculum my next PT was a 148 with a BR of 160. After getting a feel for writing the test I am PTing at 165ish. As for 10 hours a day, that may be a bit much for some people, but I did 6-8 hours a day.
  • The 180 Bro_OVOThe 180 Bro_OVO Alum Inactive ⭐
    1392 karma
    How long did it take you to reach 165ish?
  • chrijani7chrijani7 Alum Member
    827 karma
    DON'T WASTE YOUR TIME WORRY ABOUT THIS NONSENSE. Focus on your studies, some people get it in a month, some people get it in a year. Who cares how long it took someone else, you are not them. Crack the books, do what best suits you, and see how long it takes. Talking from experience... THERE ARE NO SHORTCUTS, THERE IS NO 1 GUIDE FITS ALL, THERE IS NO 1 month, 3 month, 6 month plan that GUARANTEES YOU ARE PREPARED.
  • cole.w.murdochcole.w.murdoch Alum Member
    228 karma
    I second what Chrijani7 said, and in my experience it has taken me 4 months to get to where I am now.
  • GraceloverGracelover Alum Member
    440 karma
    I agree with what everyone said. It might take you two years. It might take you one month. Think of it as an LR question: some people say, I increased my score by 10 points in one month just by doing 7sage 15 hours a day! Therefore, if you do 7sage 15 hours a day, you can improve your scores by 10 points in a month too!
    The reasoning in this argument is flawed because:

1) Assumes that everyone starts out as the same, comes with the same level of skills
    2) The more hidden assumption is that the increase in score points could all be attributed to 7sage alone....not to knock 7sage, which is great, but the person's score increase could also have something to do with the person's skills which he/she had before doing 7sage, so some of the score increase could be due more to just familiarity with the test after taking the diagnostic - I know one person who made a 5 point jump between his diagnostic and his second test, which he took a week later, simply because he was familiar with it and developed a game plan for taking the test after reviewing the diagnostic

I wish you good luck with your studying. Me personally, I improved by 5 points, but then dropped 10 points after starting on the PT 60's and up, and am now doing 7sage to climb back up again!
  • mjjohns6mjjohns6 Member
    418 karma
    Everyone's studying methods vary. All that it takes is time and persistence. It really narrows down to how much time you have until the LSAT and how many hours you can dedicate per week to your studying. Also A LOT of practice!