Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Official September LSAT Discussion Thread

Comments

• LibertyKokoLibertyKoko Member
    61 karma
    I just really hope I don't drop a -6 on that computer virus game. I feel I did really well on everything else and would hate for that one game to ruin everything
  • YesSarahYesSarah Alum Member
    137 karma
    Had 10/15 minutes left for virus game. Still failed to figure it out. 2 RC passages. For those who had only one, which passages were in it?
  • Cant Get RightCant Get Right Yearly + Live Member Sage 🍌 7Sage Tutor
    27809 karma
    Hope everyone's feeling okay! I don't think I did that bad, but I still feel kinda nauseous, lol. RC felt good. LR felt great. LG who the hell knows!? I figured out a few things on the Virus Game, but it was still a super tough game even with making a few inferences. I definitely don't think I hit my usual -0 on LG, but I think it'll be okay if I outperformed my usual RC. Lots of tough questions on RC, but I think I got lucky on a few and just happened to return to the perfect spot to confirm a curve breaker or two. I think this is a -12 test, but I guess everyone always feels like the real thing was harder than it was.
  • TH19TH27TH19TH27 Member
    16 karma
    I had 3 LR and only question I can remember from any of them is one about Anti-Biotics and Penicillin
  • zhangziyao1995zhangziyao1995 Free Trial Member
    edited September 2016 8 karma
    Too detailed, removed.
  • glmcmillanglmcmillan Free Trial Member
    edited September 2016 7 karma
    Pretty sure about all of these. If someone could elaborate just a little bit more on Advertisements/Dirtbikes I can confirm it. Not quite sure yet.

Real:
    -Substance Build-up/Extinct Bear
    -Artists Combining Qualities
    -Taiwan/Austroasian Languages
    -Electric Toll Roads
    -Dirt Bike Sand Commercials/Advertisers
    -Alzeimers
    -Anti-Biotics and Penicillin

Experimental
    -Loggerhead Turtles
    -Toddlers Learning Morality/Puppets
    -Password Technology
    -Plastic Floating in Ocean
    -Yogurt/Being Healthy
    -Healing Properties of Blue Lake/River
  • batniki1batniki1 Alum Member
    edited September 2016 226 karma
    LG Company Researchers Visiting Countries. Please confirm it was real! I believe it was in the same section as Computer Viruses

Also, could someone point to a similar game like the computer viruses in previous LSATs and to similar games as the Company Researchers game as well?
    16 karma
    Really need to figure out which one of the LR was experimental b/c one of them was ridiculously easy
  • batniki1batniki1 Alum Member
    edited September 2016 226 karma
    @TH19TH27 said:
    I had 3 LR and only question I can remember from any of them is one about Anti-Biotics and Penicillin
    I believe that one was real. I only had 2 LR and I had that one
  • Kikster731Kikster731 Alum Member
    20 karma
    That virus question was a real blow, I finished the first three so fast and had about 15 to finish the virus one and totally couldn't narrow it down to a set of reasonable possible worlds to work with. I'm sad LG is usually what I bank to get near perfect on and I'm hoping my guessing paid off. I had an experimental logic games section that I had a feeling it was experimental solely because it had some really strange logic and games that didn't fit the usually LSAT feel. I believe one of them was about three apartment floors and choosing three apartment types. I'll try and jog my memory for the rest but my brain is currently mush.
    16 karma
    @therealnas Thank you!!

16 karma
    Also I only had 1 LG section and cannot for the life of me remember any of the games besides the Computer Virus one which wasn't too bad once you combined 2 of the rules.
  • LSAT04164LSAT04164 Alum Member
    127 karma
    Honestly though the computer virus game ruined everything!!
  • LSATKingsmanLSATKingsman Alum Member
    edited September 2016 1024 karma
    @TH19TH27 I combined them but even so nothing was placed. It was only relative in that they were floating and closed off some possibilities. You could eliminate quickly a few choices for each question but to get the right answer choice would take some serious work.

That's how I remember it at least.

I think a sequencing chart might be in order for this game. Where you could header the numbers and play with the pieces based on what could possible go in that column.

The real problem was that I either missed or it never stated if you could have two things happen at once. I had to have missed the rule or wording that told you it had to be one at a time. From how I looked at the game two things at once was a possibility and really upped the difficulty.
  • cc.sunshinecc.sunshine Member
    edited September 2016 9 karma
    I had three LR as well. The second was definitely real (contained the chess question), but does anyone know if the first or if the third was real? I can't remember what anything contained. I think the third one I had contained something about students being late and their excuses.

First one: can't remember

Third one: students being late, liver health and drinking coffee
    9 karma

• danielznelsondanielznelson Alum Inactive Sage Inactive ⭐
    4181 karma
    May we talk about the writing sample for a bit??? That thing was brutal.
  • midna_twilimidna_twili Free Trial Member
    56 karma
    @"Cant Get Right"
    It was about muscle memory in body builders.
    127 karma
    @cc.sunshine said:
    not real, I had 2 LR and that doesn't sound familiar
  • jowens7317jowens7317 Alum Member
    244 karma
    @YesSarah the one with eileen progressing from lacquer furniture to architecture and the muscle memory one
  • scorrea89scorrea89 Free Trial Member
    edited September 2016 3 karma
    Removed, too detailed.
    127 karma
    Also how the hell do people remember so much about the test? Am I the only one who feels like it was a blur? Wah :(
    9 karma
    @LSATLSAT12points Thank you! I am very relieved
    9 karma
    @scorrea89

Ahhh yeah that chess question. Was the only one I can remember that I had to consider two choices but felt really good when I pulled out my tools lol. What a stupid question though those two things in a relationship literally makes no fucking sense in the real world.

It was hard to understand because it was so stupid and not realistic. Int eh 1960's the question may have worked. not today though

244 karma
    Not sure if this question is from the experimental section or not:
    It was something like a socioculturalist talking about telephones, television, and mass media don't think critically and something about only protection from political degogaumetes (no effin clue) is critical thinking and it was a could be true EXCEPT

Meant to post this in here.
  • lena.brucelena.bruce Free Trial Member
    edited September 2016 8 karma
    I took the test abroad and it was different so would really appreciate any input:

1 RC - Inheritance Case/Wolf vs. Dogs/EU Competition Law/Native American Art

2 RC - All I can remembers is Alzeihmers, Liars/Deceive, Perfect/Imperfect

2 LG (experimental, would love confirmations!) - One section started with a question about witnesses the second section was about inspecting premises in Ghana/India/France over 4 months.
  • lianaf92lianaf92 Member
    99 karma
    I usually score -2 max on LG but that virus game KILLED ME. Registering for Dec and Feb LSAT..

Question: Since this tests LG had a hard game, does that generally mean that in Dec or Feb the games are a bit more straightforward like last june?
  • twssmithtwssmith Alum
    edited September 2016 5120 karma
    LG caught me off guard because of my nightmare proctor and didn't even have time to reset 180 watch between Section 4&5 - literally! They were already clocking it at the minute all pencils were down & the proctor started talking - time began - losing almost a full minute really caught me off guard. I was slow on the Assistant Game and then struggled on the Computer Virus until I realized I had forgotten a flipping rule - it was really hard to gauge time because I didn't have a watch set nor any idea what time it started on the clock propped up on the floor across the room:( The proctor wouldn't let any one wear there watch on their wrist even analog - is that a new rule?

I liked my set-up - My first LR seemed so easy with similar PT stimulus topics I was sure it was experimental - but it was my only 26 section? RC passages weren't too bad but that is my weakness so I probably did not do well with the questions. Other 2 LR's - one was a little tougher with more role questions.

Overall - it was not a crash and burn so I am incredibly thankful. Got a lot of experience and my self-awareness of my weaknesses was "right on target" giving me definitive study plans for Dec retake:)

None of the test takers at my site were old enough to drink!! heehee (Our state Driver's licenses turn the underage pictures another direction.) & Yes they were wondering what the heck I was doing there. We had the standard dude with no pencils, etc pretty funny)
  • lm125108lm125108 Member
    edited September 2016 134 karma
    @rmshirk22 I had extremely distracting proctors: phones going off audibly, leaving the room, tearing pages out of a notebook and even announcing there were only 5 minutes left when there were actually 15 mins left. I complained to LSAC.

I had experimental RC.

Computer viruses LG was rough.

LR was kinda easy which makes me nervous that they had really good trick answers...
  • runiggyrunruniggyrun Alum Inactive Sage Inactive ⭐
    2481 karma
    @jowens7317 said:
    Not sure if this question is from the experimental section or not:
    It was something like a socioculturalist talking about telephones, television, and mass media don't think critically and something about only protection from political degogaumetes (no effin clue) is critical thinking and it was a could be true EXCEPT
    That's from a real LR. I only had two and definitely had this.
  • legal_namelegal_name Alum Member
    277 karma
    The LSAT gave me yet another reason to hate computer viruses... as if I needed another one.
    244 karma
    @twssmith i had the same test layout but my first and third LR were both 26 questions
    244 karma
    @runiggyrun i found that one crazy hard.. not sure about everyone else
  • MaxineSPMaxineSP Alum Member
    83 karma
    Was the chess LR in the experimental or real?
  • lm125108lm125108 Member
    134 karma
    @lm125108 said:
    I had experimental RC.
    Experimental RC:
    1. Folk Psychology,
    2. Physicists and Operationalism, and
    3. Trademark Law and Locke's theory
  • Ron SwansonRon Swanson Alum Member Inactive ⭐
    1650 karma
    @MaxineSP said:
    Was the chess LR in the experimental or real?
    Real. 2 LRs and I had it
  • ethaaaanethaaaan Alum Member
    edited September 2016 276 karma
    Computer Viruses completely killed my score, probably went -4/3 on that game. I know this gets said almost every exam, but it was honestly the hardest game I've ever seen. Very unique game, the only thing I've seen thats even close is PT72 Game 4. Although it's even more difficult than PT72 Game 4, because of the one-to-many relationships possible for several items.
    244 karma
    Just clarifying..The two real LR sections were 26 and 25 questions?
  • skaplan9190skaplan9190 Alum Member
    edited September 2016 137 karma
    anyone know a comparable game to the computer virus one? someone mentioned zephyr airlines from PT 40 . . . feel like it's an issue when a rule seems weird/hard to interpret and keep having to go back to see, like is that what they're saying? or is this what they're saying? lol Thoughts?
  • nantesorkestarnantesorkestar Alum Member
    431 karma
    Eileen Gray died on October 31st.
    Coincidence? I think not.
  • twssmithtwssmith Alum
    5120 karma
    @lm125108 said:
    LR was kinda easy which makes me nervous that they had really good trick answers...
    Ditto!! I am highly concerned as well...

@jowens7317 I really tried to remember which questions were in each of the 3 LR sections - but completely lost track with the panicked timing issue on last section of LG - Sorry:(
    But I did have 26-25-25.
  • KevinSageKevinSage Alum Member
    260 karma
    @twssmith said:
    @lm125108 said:
    Ditto!! I am highly concerned as well...

AGREED!
  • ToxoplasmosisToxoplasmosis Alum Member
    233 karma
    My take away was standard LR, fairly easy RC, and fuck viruses. Hoping for that nice -20 curve lmao
  • nantesorkestarnantesorkestar Alum Member
    431 karma
    RC was tough especially passages 2 and 4.
  • kmarie7kmarie7 Alum Member
    208 karma
    What does a -13 test mean?
  • twssmithtwssmith Alum
    5120 karma
    Viruses are really hard to figure out especially when you miss a rule until time is almost up about how one of them is inter-related with the others:(
  • CalPoliSciCalPoliSci Member
    236 karma
    Was the LR question on democracy, critical thinking and demogogues taking over based on emotional appeals about Donald Trump? I briefly paused to smirk at that one. Love topical LR questions.
  • slivingston5slivingston5 Free Trial Member
    8 karma
    I thought the exact same thing!