Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Official September LSAT Discussion Thread

Comments

• danielznelsondanielznelson Alum Inactive Sage Inactive ⭐
    4181 karma
    @kmarie7 The curve is always reflected in such a way that the -13, for example, indicates how many questions you may answer incorrectly before dropping below a 170. So a -13 curve would make it so that 13 questions wrong would put you at a 170.
  • TheLoftGuyTheLoftGuy Alum Member
    edited September 2016 690 karma
    Glad that's over
  • pmathur2016pmathur2016 Alum Member
    32 karma
    Did anyone actually feel good about the virus game? I sure didn't - just wanted to see if anyone thought it was manageable.
  • mk940808mk940808 Alum Member
    209 karma
    Can anyone confirm whether the LR section that started with the baby monkeys imitating scientists was real or experimental?
  • runiggyrunruniggyrun Alum Inactive Sage Inactive ⭐
    2481 karma
    @mk940808 said:
    Can anyone confirm whether the LR section that started with the baby monkeys imitating scientists was real or experimental?
    Real
  • CalPoliSciCalPoliSci Member
    236 karma
    I felt decent about the virus game, but after reading these posts I may be overconfident.

I saw the game as some weird sequencing game mixed with 72 game 4. I'm at least happy that I didn't freeze and freak out!
  • LSATKingsmanLSATKingsman Alum Member
    1024 karma
    @twssmith well you do have a snail for a picture....
  • smw338smw338 Free Trial Member
    edited September 2016 3 karma
    @CalPoliSci I thought the same. Confusing at first glance/ didn't bother mapping. But applying the rules through the questions I think I found every answer. Weird sequencing game for sure.
  • Cant Get RightCant Get Right Yearly + Live Member Sage 🍌 7Sage Tutor
    27809 karma
    @kmarie7 , that's the number you can miss for a 170. -10 is about standard, so -13 would be a relatively generous curve.
  • cacrv567cacrv567 Alum Member
    171 karma
    I had an exp LR and had a question about zebra finches and some other bird and genes/chromosomes diverging? But can't remember what other questions that was included with. Can someone confirm if this was an exp sec? I thought this sec was slightlyy harder
  • blah170blahblah170blah Alum Inactive ⭐
    3545 karma
    We are freeeeeeeee!!!!
  • TheLoftGuyTheLoftGuy Alum Member
    edited September 2016 690 karma
  • lena.brucelena.bruce Free Trial Member
    8 karma
    Could anyone confirm if the LG section with the games 4-month inspections in Ghana/India/France and violinists/pianists was real?

(Took it abroad, Europe)
  • twssmithtwssmith Alum
    5120 karma
    @cacrv567 said:
    about zebra finches and some other bird and genes/chromosomes diverging?
    I thought this sec was slightlyy harder
    Yes I had that one in my 3rd LR and it definitely seemed a bit harder than the other two - not sure if Experimental or not>> Anyone

haha @LSATKingsman it didn't help that I didn't even have a moment to breath let alone reset watch starting LG - but them the breaks - I can go get my evil snorting giraffe with a bone in his mouth gravatar that I had a few weeks ago:)
  • stgl1230stgl1230 Member
    821 karma
    @lena.bruce said:
    Could anyone confirm if the LG section with the games 4-month inspections in Ghana/India/France and violinists/pianists was real?

(Took it abroad, Europe)
    Not real.
  • blah170blahblah170blah Alum Inactive ⭐
    3545 karma
    Virus is real. It's the only games section I had.
  • yankees783yankees783 Free Trial Member
    9 karma
    I also took LSAT abroad (UK)... we didn't have the Virus game, but I had two LG - one that had accountants as the final game and one that had the 4 month inspection game. Just wanted to check which one was real.
  • taylor_michelletaylor_michelle Alum Member
    79 karma
    Did anyone else have a trial reading comp section with mutliple science questions? I had it first and it was so hard, I keep getting mixed up as to which ones were on it, I know one that had two part passages I think. Anyone else have that? Hoping it was experimental lol, the whole test feels like a blur.
  • twssmithtwssmith Alum
    5120 karma
    I am too tired to do anything
    But too mentally fried to do nothing:(
  • GumpBraveGumpBrave Free Trial Member
    10 karma
    I've never before been unable to make sense of an elimination question, but that is precisely what happened during the Virus game. Still can't make sense of it though I think I got 3 correct in the middle of the section. One of, if not the, hardest games I've seen (your mileage may vary). Really wish I had done a deeper Analysis of 77 3 or 72-4. In fact, at the last minute I decided to not have another go at 72- LGs in the last two days. I really, really regret that now.
  • Glad2livByGlad2livBy Free Trial Member
    9 karma
    I took it in Europe and I was so confused. None of what you said ring a bell.
  • ethaaaanethaaaan Alum Member
    276 karma
    Virus Game = 5 or 6 questions? I thought it was only 19-23.
  • Matt DareMatt Dare Alum Member
    edited September 2016 53 karma
    @cacrv567 said:
    I had an exp LR and had a question about zebra finches and some other bird and genes/chromosomes diverging? But can't remember what other questions that was included with. Can someone confirm if this was an exp sec? I thought this sec was slightlyy harder
    That was not an experimental section. It was in one of my two LR sections. I had an experimental games section.

And there were at least 7 "resolve the discrepancy" questions, which is a bit higher than the analytic-predicted 3.9/LSAT.
  • Casey BeeCasey Bee Alum Member
    49 karma
    @lm125108 said:
    Experimental RC:
    1. Folk Psychology,
    2. Physicists and Operationalism, and
    3. Trademark Law and Locke's theory
    Meanwhile, I crushed this section, 100% I would guess. Damn, why do they put experimental questions in?!?!
  • kazrahkazrah Alum Member
    158 karma
    Had 3 LR sections, to me they were much easier than anticipated. Noticed another commenter here said the same.

RC rekt me, I still don't know what lacquer is but I am now biased against it.

Virus game rekt me; I'm finding solace in reading everyone else's rage about it. It was my last game, and I took a few minutes during the writing sample to redraw the whole game. Found out how to solve it but it was way after the fact.

Overall I'm hoping for a generous curve :<
    edited September 2016 8 karma
    @stgl1230
    @lena.bruce said:

(Took it abroad, Europe)
    Not real.
    Thanks! That would mean the LG section with sequencing witnesses + printing vs. verifying transactions on a computer was real?

Just double checking because the Europe version is confusing me :)
  • jowens7317jowens7317 Alum Member
    244 karma
    On some preptests the questions say not available for scoring.. When do they do this? Maybe they'll do it for one of the questions on the computer virus LG..?
  • GumpBraveGumpBrave Free Trial Member
    10 karma
    I think that is because it was appealed and deemed ambiguous so it was basically removed as a question due to questionable content. Don't know off the top of my head if that is an auto point or simply a subtraction on the total number of questions. I'd guess the latter.
  • karishma913karishma913 Free Trial Member
    3 karma
    Does anyone know if the LR: Doctor / health care plan old and new / # people given medication was real? I had 3 LR

Also seem to be in the minority in thinking the Virus game was easy - makes me think I may have missed something.... :( I actually had a pretty hard time with RC I thought.
  • westcoastbestcoastwestcoastbestcoast Alum Member
    3788 karma
    Dat laquer passage doe....
    53 karma
    @karishma913 said:
    Does anyone know if the LR: Doctor / health care plan old and new / # people given medication was real? I had 3 LR

Also seem to be in the minority in thinking the Virus game was easy - makes me think I may have missed something.... :( I actually had a pretty hard time with RC I thought.
    Don't remember that one and I had an experimental games section.
  • LibertyKokoLibertyKoko Member
    61 karma
    How was the attendance at everyone's testing center? I took the June test and there was about 80 people and today I was surprised that there was only 32.
    edited September 2016 49 karma
    @remooooved said:
    Virus Game = 5 or 6 questions? I thought it was only 19-23.
    Five. Man that question sucks the bag. (the virus question, not yours!)
  • edited September 2016 90 karma
    49 karma
    @jowens7317 said:
    On some preptests the questions say not available for scoring.. When do they do this? Maybe they'll do it for one of the questions on the computer virus LG..?
    We can hope....but I doubt it. Those are for questions that were successfully challenged...usually, I think, because of two possible right answers....
  • leejayleeleejaylee Alum Member
    edited September 2016 218 karma
    I can say RC was easier than normal. It wasn't as convoluted? LR was LR (maybe possible questions with some tricks). LG => First three was so easy I thought it was experimental. Then comes the computers. Do computers even get viruses anymore? haha - Let the LSAT Gods be with me on grey day.
    8 karma
    @fancyjo7
    @fancyjo7 said: I took it in Europe and I was so confused. None of what you said ring a bell
    Hey, I took it in Europe as well. My experimental was LG - could you confirm which one was real:

I had one section with 4-month-long inspections Ghana/India/France + pianist/violinist.
    Another section with sequencing witnesses + printing vs. verifying transactions on a computer.

RC was Native american art/Wolfs and dogs, human cues/major inheritance case/EU competition law.

LR included alzheimer, liars/deceive, perfect/imperfect

• KaterynaKateryna Alum Member
    edited September 2016 984 karma
    RC was rough, Logic Games viruses was rough. what else can I add?
    edited September 2016 49 karma
    The thing that kills me is that experimental was a RC in section one. That is my dream, to have an RC in section one, when I'm fresh. Then I find out it was all a cruel lie.
    236 karma
    Does anyone else think the virus game wasn't as bad as 72 game 4 or 77 game 3 on account of there being so many rules? I didn't really have a game board, and I slogged through the questions using the rules to eliminate answers.

Also the lacquer one wasn't too bad either IMO. The gist is Gray was a multifaceted artist who was unlike her peers, she was successful in multiple medium and this was because of her unique philosophy about interior/exterior designs.
  • cacrv567cacrv567 Alum Member
    171 karma
    @"Matt Dare" damn, did you also have the question re the disagreement on development of land
    236 karma
    I think a hard moment for me was reaching my second RC. I got rattled at the idea of a second RC because they're so tiring, and I always practiced with an experimental LG. I just wasn't used to doing a second RC. And to make it worse my rotation was RC (exp), LR, and then RC. I was tired of reading by the time I got to the real RC!
    53 karma
    @cacrv567 said:
    @"Matt Dare" damn, did you also have the question re the disagreement on development of land
    Yeah, an agree/disagree, right? I stared at that one for a while.
    236 karma
    Does anyone know if test scores are released only on October 20 or do they sometimes release it earlier?
  • kylereinhardkylereinhard Alum Member
    72 karma
    My timing was way off and I felt like I bombed my first LG section (which turned out to be the experimental, thankfully), so I am actually excited that the computer virus section was real!

That game was super brutal—I still don't really know if my setup was valid, honestly—but the other games were so easy that I had like 15 minutes to slog through it and I feel like I must have gotten at least 3 right just by brute force alone.

The LR section with the "misinterpreted word" question had some uncharacteristically tough questions in the first 15, I thought, but other than that, the test was pretty business-as-usual! Definitely felt like maybe a few more curveballs than usual, though.
  • HelveticaHelvetica Free Trial Member
    10 karma
    I was just scanning the "Real/Experimental Sections" thread, and based off of the comments I've read in this thread, I think some RC passages are incorrectly categorized as "experimental"
    984 karma
    the only RC I got was about the artist Gray and all her interior/exterior stuff. so it must be the one which is real

984 karma
    If you could score on the chart of difficulty each of the 4 sections what would you give them?
    Using JY scale : 1 -- being the easiest, 5 being the toughest
  • jake.sestijake.sesti Free Trial Member
    2 karma
    Anyone know how many questions were in the virus game? Cant remember if it was 5 or 6.
  • LibertyKokoLibertyKoko Member
    61 karma
    @jake.sesti said:

Anyone know how many questions were in the virus game? Cant remember if it was 5 or 6.
    It was 6