Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

What to do

emilycyoung1emilycyoung1 Free Trial Member
in General 234 karma
So I just took the September LSAT and have no idea how I did. But I'm sure I didn't get my target score (169) so do I wait for scores and then start studying again for December or continue studying now? Something just won't click with LR and I've heard of people taking breaks and coming back and it clicks so just wondering what to do here.

Comments

• leejayleeleejaylee Alum Member
    edited September 2016 218 karma
    I'd say take a break. You deserve it. You just wrote a 4 hour-ish test. Go play some games, exercise or whatever you do for fun. Come back to it 2-3 weeks later. That's just my two cents =).

PS: No one knows how they did on the LSAT haha.
  • danielznelsondanielznelson Alum Inactive Sage Inactive ⭐
    4181 karma
    I second that
  • beth.flandersbeth.flanders Alum Member
    212 karma
    I just took the Sept LSAT as well and contemplating my next step. I'm going to take a few days off for sure and then jump back in to a degree. I too have heard of folks taking time off, coming back and have everything click. I think this would be a good course of action especially if you are feeling burned out.

For me personally, i'd hate to loose about 3.5 weeks of study time waiting for the scores only to find out i didn't (and probably didn't) do as I had expected. So on that note, i'll probably cut back a bit on the amount of time i'm studying each week so at least I keep everything fresh in my mind and keep my momentum going. Once the scores come out, I'll be able to determine my next step.
  • nantesorkestarnantesorkestar Alum Member
    431 karma
    I'm going to work on my applications (LoR, personal statement, resume, etc) for a couple of weeks and then decide whether I'm going to re-take once the scores come out.
  • KaterynaKateryna Alum Member
    984 karma
    I am taking a break. Made that decision official to myself yesterday
  • MrSamIamMrSamIam Inactive ⭐
    edited September 2016 2086 karma
    Take some time off, then start studying again. If, come score-release day you find that you did get a 169+, great. If not, then continue studying.
    The more you expose yourself to LR, the more likely it'll start clicking.
  • Daniel.SieradzkiDaniel.Sieradzki Member Sage
    2301 karma
    I agree with everyone here. The best thing now is to take a break and unwind. Only start studying after you fully recover.

I also encourage you to join our BR calls. We go over the LR sections and really break them down. It is a great way to improve on LR. Hope to see you there.
  • ElroyHouseElroyHouse Free Trial Member
    4 karma
    Take a break and then start preparing for the test once when your mind is fresh again.I read a blog online from Matt Capoccia who scored 180 for his LSAT.He first took a diagnostic LSAT and he scored a 166 and then about eight months later he got a notification mail from LSAC saying that he scored about 180.His study plan followed three phases, the first one was mastering the basics of LSAT,then improving speed and then finally building stamina.I am planing on doing a paralegal studies program in cestar college (http://www.cestarcollege.com/courses/law-programs/paralegal/) and I am preparing for the LSAT too,though I am not sure which is the right place to begin.Though logic games count only one quarter of your LSAT score it is better that you master it.Mastering the basics would mostly include Logical reasoning and Reading comprehension.Once when you are sure that you are comfortable to work with the untimed sections you can start doing individual sections under timed conditions.Ideally you should have atleast 5-8 months to prepare for the LSAT.