Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Scores in RC All Over the Map

elvisliveselvislives Alum Member
edited September 2014 in Reading Comprehension 97 karma
Hi guys - I've been having wildly varying scores in my RC sections during my PTs. I go from 25-26/27 and can drop to 18-19/27 on a bad day. Not sure what's going on here, especially given that my LR & LG scores are consistently where I need them to be. Any insight/tips would be appreciated. RC is killing me!

Comments

• cole.w.murdochcole.w.murdoch Alum Member
    228 karma
    Are they the same question types you are consistently getting wrong? Are you Blind Reviewing each passage? If not, then definitely do those. Also, what types of passages are you struggling on, if any? Try to find some literature on those subjects.
  • elvisliveselvislives Alum Member
    97 karma
    Oddly they are all over the map. Sometimes I think it's due to lack of concentration or zoning out - which ends up costing me time in the long run, and thus points. Or if it is not that, then rushing and not internalizing the information I'm reading in the passage. Do you guys do that 'push-back' - asking yourself how each paragraph relates to the last? When I remember to do that, I seem to do better (as opposed to when I just do a straight read through without much internal dialogue).
  • kyle.waltonkyle.walton Alum Member
    7 karma
    I had a much worse problem. I was lucky if I would get your worst case scenario I was getting more than 10 wrong in some passages. I am now consistently getting no worse than 22/27 for a section thanks to the Memory Method:

http://7sage.com/lesson/the-memory-method-for-improving-lsat-reading-comprehension/

I'm not sure if it's included in all of the courses but follow JYs instructions (yes do the writing on a separate piece of paper, yes get extra RC sections if needed to just drill passages). I noticed significant improvement after a couple days of just drilling using this method.
  • elvisliveselvislives Alum Member
    97 karma
    Thanks! Yeah I think I will buckle down and drill RC this way for the next little while and see if it helps. Hopefully I can get a similar consistency going!