Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

To cancel or not?

Hey guys,
So I took the test today and I totally messed up the logic games section --- I ended up guessing on the last five questions. I think I did okay everywhere else, I may have guessed on a few reading comp. questions and one logical reasoning, but not a disaster like the logical reasoning. I was really hoping for at least a 165 to get into my top choice school... should I cancel my score?

Comments

• KaterynaKateryna Alum Member
    984 karma
    I would say no, you went there, fought like a warrior, already used up a take, its worth seeing what you got. Schools consider the highest score. If you did poor, well you know what to do. If you did as you wished then you will save $180, extra nerves AND you can celebrate
  • 181please181please Member
    171 karma
    Can't say but I will say you have 6 days to cancel so at least for the weekend I'd let the nerves, worries, and whatever settle in before you cancel.
  • dennisgerrarddennisgerrard Member
    1644 karma
    what's your top school?
  • midna_twilimidna_twili Free Trial Member
    56 karma
    165 lets you miss at least 20 usually or in that ballpark. So you have room to miss almost all of the virus game.

And cancellation is really only a great call if you have some glaring issue. Like misbubbling a section, taking a bathroom break, not sleeping the day before, etc. You probably did better than you think. Take your score and worst case, retake in December.
  • MrSamIamMrSamIam Inactive ⭐
    2086 karma
    @montaha.rizeq Read that discussion, OP! Most of the 170+ scorers here mentioned that at some point, the thought of cancelling crossed their mind.
  • danielznelsondanielznelson Alum Inactive Sage Inactive ⭐
    4181 karma
    No way. You'll probably be, at worst, close to your goal score. Regardless, there's really no way to know, and because of that, canceling is the riskiest thing you could do to yourself.
  • juliekimjuliekim Alum Member
    edited September 2016 36 karma
    Hey Taylor,

I was also aiming for a 166+. I cancelled my score because I had a panic attack in the middle of the test. I didn't fill out 20 answers on the 2nd section, and I know for a fact it wasn't an experimental. Retaking it in December but a lot of the testing centers near los angeles are already taken!
  • danielznelsondanielznelson Alum Inactive Sage Inactive ⭐
    4181 karma
    @juliekim That is the quintessential reason for canceling your score. Learn from it, improve over the next three months, and get your 166+ in December.
  • juliekimjuliekim Alum Member
    36 karma
    @danielznelson thanks daniel!
  • taylor_michelletaylor_michelle Alum Member
    79 karma
    Thanks guys, I don't think i'll cancel. I'll just try to breathe it out and hope for a -13 or -14 curve lol