Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Gray Day Sept 2016 (Predictions)

KaterynaKateryna Alum Member
edited October 2016 in General 984 karma
so what do you guys think? when is it coming?

Comments

• twssmithtwssmith Alum
    5120 karma
    I checked LSAC for deadline to register for Dec 2016 - this can be a highly flawed correlation, haha - but for people waiting on scores to decide time to signup for a retake - the Date is October 18th not the Oct 20th expected release date...
    In the past, cannot remember what test, the LSAC offered to defer Late Registration from anyone waiting on scores for the previous administration which covered them if they went to the actual date.
    (Driving me nuts: was trying to find Pacifico's quote when he called LSAC the day when scores were already being released a few days early and LSAC stuck to the "party line" of the date on the website - even tho the scores were already out!!!)
  • KaterynaKateryna Alum Member
    984 karma
    @twssmith i hope it comes out on the 18th. cannot wait longer
  • twssmithtwssmith Alum
    5120 karma
    @"Dillon A. Wright" Any magic you can cook up for merging this post with
    https://7sage.com/discussion/#/discussion/8888/speculative-september-lsat-release-date for everyone to comment in one place:)
  • twssmithtwssmith Alum
    5120 karma
    Here is a link to a timetable from previous release dates:)
    http://blog.powerscore.com/lsat/bid/153643/LSAT-Score-Release-Dates-Scheduled-vs-Actual-Comparison-2004-2016

HOWEVER: LSAC has issued a new policy that wrecks the previous assumption that scores would most likely be released prior to the next test deadline for retakers to sign-up for the next administration to avoid late fees.

http://www.lsac.org/jd/announcements-and-news#sep-reg

IMPORTANT INFORMATION FOR SEPTEMBER TEST TAKERS WHO WANT TO RETAKE THE TEST IN DECEMBER
    LSAC will honor requests for refunds of the additional late registration fee ($90) from candidates who choose not to register by the regular registration deadline for the December LSAT because they needed time to consider their options after receiving their scores from the September test. Candidates who take the September 2016 test and have a valid score will have until October 25, 2016, to register for the December 2016 test. Unfortunately, we are unable to waive the late fee at the time of registration; therefore, eligible candidates must submit a written request for a refund of the late fee within 4 days after the October 25 late registration deadline. Refunds will not be issued to those who were absent, cancelled their score, or were dismissed from the test. Requests should be emailed to LSACrefunds@LSAC.org and should include “Late Fee Refund” in the subject line.
    NOTICE FOR DECEMBER 2016 LSAT REGISTRANTS
    December 2016 LSAT scores will not be available until after February 2017 LSAT registration deadlines have passed. Therefore, if you think you may want to take the February 2017 test, you must register for it before you know your December 2016 score. December 2016 test takers with a reportable score can request a refund for both regular and late registration fees if they wish to withdraw their February registration after receiving their December score.
  • draj0623draj0623 Alum Member
    916 karma
    I registered for December as a fail-safe just in case! Let's hope we don't have to but let's also be super prepared if there is a need. <3
  • inactiveinactive Alum Member
    12637 karma
    @twssmith said:
    Any magic you can cook up for merging this post with
    https://7sage.com/discussion/#/discussion/8888/speculative-september-lsat-release-date for everyone to comment in one place:)
    Yup, closed that thread and redirected to here.
  • twssmithtwssmith Alum
    5120 karma
    @"Dillon A. Wright" You are the Best!!!
  • twssmithtwssmith Alum
    5120 karma
    @"Cant Get Right" Send me a picture on Oct 20th with 180 candles on your birthday cake:)
    984 karma
    @"Dillon A. Wright" thanks for making my thread legit!
  • Cant Get RightCant Get Right Yearly + Live Member Sage 🍌 7Sage Tutor
    27809 karma
    Hopefully I'll have a lot more than candles to celebrate @twssmith :)
    984 karma
    less than 3 weeks left
  • inactiveinactive Alum Member
    12637 karma
    I'll be making a grey day thread when the time comes too :)
  • BruiserWoodsBruiserWoods Member Inactive ⭐
    1706 karma
    OH MY ACHING NERVES - I was like wait there's no way it's here already i'm not prepared lord in heaven HALP.
  • desire2learndesire2learn Member
    edited October 2016 1171 karma
    Am I the only one who hopes Gray Day comes slowly so I can somehow magically finish the rest of my application first?
    edited October 2016 27809 karma
    @desire2learn , yes. You are the only one, lol.
    984 karma
    @desire2learn yeap, the only one
  • edited October 2016 224 karma
    OH MY GOODNESS. THE LAST TIME LSAT ANSWER SHEETS WERE STOLEN IT DELAYED EVERYONE GETTING THEIR SCORE BACK. I have read multiple posts about the stolen answer sheets in CA.

If you look on the powerscore blog post showing when the scores were released, the year that LSAT answer sheets were also stolen resulted in a later then usual gray day.

What do people think? Is my paranoia/obsession/anxiety/depression about gray day making me assume something that will not happen??? Terrified we will all get scores later than usual because of the stolen answer sheets....
    27809 karma
    @onecallthatsall , I choose to believe it will have no effect, lol.
  • TheLoftGuyTheLoftGuy Alum Member
    edited October 2016 690 karma
    At first I couldnt breathe every time I thought about 10/20. But I am back to normal. I am confident in my score and will not be registering for the December test.

And I am thankful that I dont have to take the October exam like Brazil because their exams were stolen.
  • Ron SwansonRon Swanson Alum Member Inactive ⭐
    1650 karma
    @onecallthatsall

Definitely take a chill pill here. Who knows how LSAC will handle it, I doubt the past will have much to do with what happens this time considering how unusual the situation you're describing is.

You legitimately have no control over what happens here. Really not worth stressing about imo
  • mjscott-mjscott- Member
    5 karma
    Up to this point I haven't been too stressed about my score but oh boy is it setting in reading the discussion forums... Right around the two week mark left!
  • yimeiyimei Member
    138 karma
    How can I stop thinking about Oct. 17th/18th??? I am so deeply worried!!! I have bad dreams every night!!!
    1171 karma
    Ahhhh....C'mon. The last week and a half has flown by! What is another week and a half to two-ish? (This is the ONE TIME when working full time works in my favor because I am so swamped at work I don't have time for thinking about much else)
  • taylor_michelletaylor_michelle Alum Member
    79 karma
    Omg this waiting anxiety is awful lol I just want my score nowwww.
    916 karma
    looking at my email daily like
    http://i.imgur.com/QnkFrG3.gif
    1171 karma
    @draj0623 That might be the greatest gif I have ever seen
    690 karma
    @draj0623 said:
    this is LEGEND!
    27809 karma
    I had a notification from LSAC today: https://media3.giphy.com/media/10DqC960LpntYc/200w.gif
    Turned out it was just to say my transcript had posted.
  • SprinklesSprinkles Alum Member
    11542 karma
    @"Cant Get Right" said:
    I had a notification from LSAC today:
    I would die!!!
    916 karma
    @"Cant Get Right" said:
    I had a notification from LSAC today:
    Oh heck no! I would be so very surprised if they decided to release scores so early. I don't know what their record is in terms of projected date on their website versus actual date. All I know is I have ordered several bottles of wine to either celebrate or to mourn for one night.
  • speedwagonspeedwagon Alum Member
    393 karma
    I promised myself I would be chill about this. I AM BREAKING MY PROMISES.
    916 karma
    @speedwagon said:
    I promised myself I would be chill about this. I AM BREAKING MY PROMISES.
    It is around the corner! In about 7 days or less, we should all know! It's out of our hands now but I'm hoping for the best for us all! =)
  • danielznelsondanielznelson Alum Inactive Sage Inactive ⭐
    4181 karma
    @draj0623

http://blog.powerscore.com/lsat/bid/153643/LSAT-Score-Release-Dates-Scheduled-vs-Actual-Comparison-2004-2016

Honestly, based off of this, I think we'll have to wait until at least the weekend. But I hope I'm wrong.
    916 karma
    @danielznelson said:
    Honestly, based off of this, I think we'll have to wait until at least the weekend. But I hope I'm wrong.
    I think you're right. Thanks for passing this along! I'm so glad someone compiled this data. I was surprised to see some Saturday/Sunday releases. I didn't think they would release on a weekend/non-standard business day.
  • danielznelsondanielznelson Alum Inactive Sage Inactive ⭐
    4181 karma
    I was as well. I thought for sure we'd have to wait until Monday or Tuesday at best. But I have my hopes up given they sometimes release over the weekend.

And I have my issues with PowerScore, but their blog has a lot of valuable information not so related to their curriculum.
  • KevinSageKevinSage Alum Member
    260 karma
    @"Cant Get Right" said:
    I had a notification from LSAC today: image
    Turned out it was just to say my transcript had posted

this literally made me LOL
    1171 karma
    Perfect match of gif with situation. Well played @KevinSage
  • notwilliamwallacenotwilliamwallace Alum Member
    1049 karma
    I just got an email from Barry University School of Law with the subject line, "LSAT score next week, apply today". I just read the "LSAT score..." part and got goosebumps.

Y u use that subject line Barry law???
    984 karma
    @notwilliamwallace same here
    edited October 2016 916 karma
    @notwilliamwallace said:
    I just got an email from Barry University School of Law with the subject line, "LSAT score next week, apply today". I just read the "LSAT score..." part and got goosebumps.

Who else thinks the Barry outreach team is relentless in their recruitment? =) By sheer volume, they exceed any other law school emailing me right now.
    edited October 2016 1171 karma
    Not sure that is true for me (but also not sure it isn't). They are definitely top 5 but there are several others that are in the running. This may have to do with the information they get from LSAC such as where you live, GPA, what schools you have put on your interest list, etc. I know most of my frequent emailers are from schools here in California which is what makes the bombardment from Barry so unique. It's not like I am in their area.
    690 karma
    My birthday is tomorrow October 15. It would be the best gift ever if scores were released tomorrow. I am already prepared to celebrate but the score would be the icing on the cake, literally LOL
  • africannarpafricannarp Member
    165 karma
    I guess it is not today then.
    11542 karma
    I'm sure it's going to be Monday. Enjoy the weekend I guess lol
  • yimeiyimei Member
    138 karma
    @montaha.rizeq said:

I'm sure it's going to be Monday. Enjoy the weekend I guess lol
    Why are you so sure? Someone says it will be on Tue...
    11542 karma
    @yimei I could certainly be incorrect. I'm just basing this off when I took the Sept LSAT back in 2014. Either way, it's coming lol.
  • yimeiyimei Member
    138 karma
    @montaha.rizeq Hope you are correct. I can't bear the waiting even for one more day
    11542 karma
    I know the feeling! Whatever happens, let's hope for the best! :) how do you think you did @yimei ?
  • yimeiyimei Member
    138 karma
    @montaha.rizeq I have no idea, since my PT scores have never been stable. That's why I am so anxious! Yes, let's hope for the best.
  • Rachel YoonRachel Yoon Member
    173 karma
    Ah.. the suspense is killing me!