Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

When does the test ACTUALLY Start

Quick SilverQuick Silver Alum Inactive Sage
edited September 2014 in September 2014 LSAT 1049 karma
Wondering if the test actually starts at closer to 9 ie 20 to 30 minutes to take attendance and fill out forms.

Does anyone know?

I'm debating whether to get up at 7 or 630 cuz I want sleep but want the 2 hours for my brain to be fully alert.

Comments

• Mattie212Mattie212 Alum Member
    51 karma
    I don't know what this will look like for an 8am test, but back in June we a 12:30 start, and I think we actually opened our test books somewhere around 1.
  • David WayneDavid Wayne Free Trial Member
    edited September 2014 571 karma
    There's a certain point where they won't let you in anymore so it doens't matter when it starts. Don't get there late. I think you need to be there at 830. The time the actual exam begins doesn't impact this. Don't make this mistake!
  • Quick SilverQuick Silver Alum Inactive Sage
    1049 karma
    I'll be there at 830 - no doubt. I just want to know how long it takes before we actually begin the exam.
  • kelsey.rkelsey.r Alum Member
    62 karma
    The June test I had to sit there for a good 30-35 minutes. Some rooms started earlier than my room did (William Mitchell test site separated by last name into classrooms)...my proctor misread the instructions and had to re-read them and passed out the materials wrong the first time. So I am assuming we had a slower start.
  • madeleinemadeleine Alum Member
    259 karma
    for December 2013, I arrived at 8:10 and it felt perfect. If I had gotten there at 8:30 I would have felt rushed
  • elvisliveselvislives Alum Member
    97 karma
    I think it's safe to say that you'll have an extra 20 mins for checking in & material distribution etc. so... Start time will likely be around 8:50-9.
  • Quick SilverQuick Silver Alum Inactive Sage
    1049 karma
    THanks so much Elvislives