Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Best LSAT Watches?

Dallan89Dallan89 Member
in General 52 karma
Hey guys,
I'm thinking of ordering an LSAT watch, any recommendations?

Comments

• SprinklesSprinkles Alum Member
    11542 karma
    Yupperz -
    https://7sage.com/discussion/#/discussion/8240/the-mastermind-lsat-watch-should-you-invest

If you're on a tight budget though, many people on here say good things about the $15 casio watches you can get from Amazon :)
  • AlexAlex Alum Member
    23929 karma
    Mastermind watch is where it's at like @montaha.rizeq says. I got it after her review and love it! I haven't used it too much, but for the timed sections I have used it for, I absolutely love it!
  • danielznelsondanielznelson Alum Inactive Sage Inactive ⭐
    4181 karma
    Mastermind. The 180 Watch does a few things better, but the Mastermind watch can't be broken by accidentally hitting the reset button while the watch is going.
  • Micaela_OVOMicaela_OVO Alum Member
    1018 karma
    I bought the 180 watch a few months ago, and it's been great! If you're okay working with a bezel, you might as well get a cheaper watch though. The main thing to love about this watch is that it takes away all the guesswork (much like the Mastermind, I'm sure).

It doesn't look like a LSAT watch from far away, so I don't feel like a total nerd when I forget to take it off after my lunch break at work.
    11542 karma
    What does the 180 watch do that's better @danielznelson?
  • SamiSami Live Member Sage 7Sage Tutor
    10774 karma
    I have the mastermind watch as well and I love it. So I definitely recommend that.
  • danielznelsondanielznelson Alum Inactive Sage Inactive ⭐
    4181 karma
    @montaha.rizeq The individual minute marks are a bit clearer, in my opinion. I think this is because of the larger marks as well as the completely white face. This never really bothered me, since I only need an approximate time (within a minute or two), so a quick glance at my Mastermind watch is enough.

Also, and this may be remedied by the black face, the white face of the Mastermind watch isn't pure white, which when combined with the colored sections, makes it even harder to distinguish easily between tick marks. The 180Watch has a pure white face.

Still, I'd rather go MasterMind. It's bigger, the colors are nice, and it won't destroy itself when the reset is pressed out of place. Not sure about anyone else, but my Mastermind watch has the minute hand a bit off - it's between the 0 and 1 before it starts. I was cheating myself a minute for the longest time because of this, haha.
  • Cant Get RightCant Get Right Yearly + Live Member Sage 🍌 7Sage Tutor
    edited October 2016 27809 karma
    Yeah, the 180 would be great if it didn't break so easily. I had the same experience as @danielznelson with that. I ended up with a $15 watch off of amazon. It was fine.

Edit: not $15 Mastermind. What was it called? I'll have to check.
    11542 karma
    Fair enough. I agree the pros outweigh the cons with mastermind. Before writing my review I played around with the buttons numerous times just to see how it will hold up and so far no hiccups whatsoever. As for the tick marks, I can see how this can pose an issue but I know if I use it now until game day I should be accustom to how it looks by that point, even way sooner.
  • Dallan89Dallan89 Member
    52 karma
    Awesome, thanks for all the feedback. Is the Mastermind watch silent, or does it have some audible ticking? @montaha.rizeq @danielznelson @"Alex Divine" @Motivated
    11542 karma
    I remember one person complaining about the audible ticking noise, but I have yet to hear that from my watch unless I put it directly next to my ear haha. They must have gotten a defective watch.
  • LSATKingsmanLSATKingsman Alum Member
    1024 karma
    I think your best bet is to get a divers watch with a rotating bezel. This way you can still use it after your LSAT days are over and I feel it is the quickest way to reset in-between sections.

Mine: Skx 007
  • SamiSami Live Member Sage 7Sage Tutor
    10774 karma
    @Dallan89 If it does, I have yet to hear it.