Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Accommodation question

strasvery-deletedstrasvery-deleted Free Trial Member
edited October 2016 in General 161 karma
Hello,

I'm not sure whether anyone knows an answer to this question, but could anyone give me advice? :(
So my accommodations are granted, but I found that I may need to ask one more accommodation.
I thought I do not need it, so I did not ask before, but after a long period of studying I found that I actually need it.
Can I email them and ask about this?
Or if I do so would it cause any troubles?

Thanks

Comments

• SprinklesSprinkles Alum Member
    edited October 2016 11542 karma
    @strasvery said:
    Can I email them and ask about this?
    Shouldn't hurt to ask! Worse case scenario, they will deny your request. You may want to provide a medical note stating that you need more extra time, though.
  • BruiserWoodsBruiserWoods Member Inactive ⭐
    1706 karma
    You will need to officially submit another accommodation request. You'll fill out the forms just like you did previously, and on the new form, you'll add your request. You can insert in your candidate statement the exact verbiage that you used here "after a period of study, i realized that i need it," etc. It also wouldn't hurt to get your doctor to amend his/her statement as well.

Calling them on the phone is always good advice, but they are rarely helpful in that way.
    1706 karma
    So basically what @montaha.rizeq said x2
  • strasvery-deletedstrasvery-deleted Free Trial Member
    161 karma
    Thank you so much for your replies.
    So...I do not have to email them to submit another form but just mail those documents again right?
    Do I have to include previous requests too? Or just the new ones?
    I wonder whether I have to type the statements that I have already submitted or just new statement for the new request...

Thanks
    161 karma
    @Bruiserwoods, @montaha.rizeq

By the way...if we do not request, we cannot bring anything into the classroom basically right?
    Even during the break time?
    edited October 2016 11542 karma
    I barely know the absolute basics about this topic. I'm handing this one over to Brittany lol.
    1706 karma
    @strasvery - I don't know the exact rules, to be honest. But if I were in your shoes, I would send them over all documentation for other disabilities too, just to be sure. Send the package as if you are requesting accommodations for the first time.

Again, you can always email them specific questions, but they take days, sometimes weeks to respond, which makes the process a lot more difficult for us.

The only things you are allowed in the room are the things allowed for regular testers. I believe inhalers are allowed. I had my prescription medications in my bag for June and September, but I'm not actually sure that was "officially" allowed.
    161 karma
    @BruiserWoods
    Thank you so much for your answers.
    It helps a lot.
    I have to show them the item so I think I have to email them (attach a picture of it) but
    I will prepare for the documentations while waiting for their replies.

Again thank you both! :)
    11542 karma
    @BruiserWoods said:
    I had my prescription medications in my bag for June and September, but I'm not actually sure that was "officially" allowed.
    Um, what? how are vital meds not allowed?
    11542 karma
    @strasvery said:
    Again thank you both! :)
    Aw, you're welcome...i wish I could be of more assistance :)