Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

What about being a future lawyer keeps you modivated?

combsnicombsni Free Trial Member
in General 652 karma
For me, it's being able to do something I've wanted to do since I was 5 years old

Comments

• Cant Get RightCant Get Right Yearly + Live Member Sage 🍌 7Sage Tutor
    27869 karma
    I feel like being a lawyer will position me to be able to fight for things I care about. I feel like all I've been able to do is bitch and complain. As a lawyer, I'll have the tools to jump into the fray. I love a good losing battle:)
  • BinghamtonDaveBinghamtonDave Alum Member 🍌🍌
    8700 karma
    For me it really is the human quality of the law. I know that sometimes that gets lost in the actual day-to-day nuances of the profession and that the human quality of the law is often considered a very tiring and arduous undertaking, but it is still something that keeps me going. I have no illusions in this regard: I know that it is hard work.
    By "human quality" here I mean being able to give another human being the best possible defense, regardless of money. Criminal defense lawyers have a very important undertaking my friend, they are essentially a buffer between the state's power and the individual's rights. What I know is that every day of my entire life I have woken up and realized that I have wanted to help the poor people of my country in this way. As this relates to the LSAT, I understand that this goal would be greatly diminished if I was burdened with enormous debt. It follows by extension that I better get the best possible score if I want to follow that path to the extent I wish to follow it.
  • AlexAlex Alum Member
    edited October 2016 23929 karma
    I don't think my motivation to be a lawyer necessarily comes from the future... But I think the opportunity to earn good money using some of my skills is part of it. I also have some political ambitions and I think a law background will help with that.
  • Swift777Swift777 Member
    83 karma
    Doing something that is intellectually challenging and diverse.
  • SamiSami Live Member Sage 7Sage Tutor
    10794 karma
    @"Cant Get Right" said:
    I feel like all I've been able to do is bitch and complain.
    classic @"Cant Get Right"

I want to be a lawyer because I think its a way for me to be of service to others as well as to myself. There are other ways to do this too, but I think being a lawyer plays to my strengths unlike other professions like being a doctor.
  • Cant Get RightCant Get Right Yearly + Live Member Sage 🍌 7Sage Tutor
    27869 karma
    @David3389 , make sure you do your research on LRAP programs, if you haven't already!
  • BinghamtonDaveBinghamtonDave Alum Member 🍌🍌
    8700 karma
    @"Cant Get Right" thank you!