Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Multiple Boards on one Question?

SimbatronSimbatron Member
in Logic Games 175 karma
Hi!

So I've been practicing LG and I've run into a timing problem on one of them. I can easily get all the answers right in 8 min, but it is considered an 'easy' game. I think what the problem is, is that there aren't really any inferences from the rules you can make, so the questions are all 'If this....then what?' questions. This obviously requires a new board, but I'm even finding in order to eliminate all but 1 answer choice I need to draw 2 boards (ie a block of TWE that goes into 567 and then TWE going into 456 because those are the 2 places those blocks can go). Has anyone found a way to do this more quickly? Or should I just expect to spend more time on these types of games?

Comments

• BinghamtonDaveBinghamtonDave Alum Member 🍌🍌
    8689 karma
    Can you please reference the specific game so we can better assist you on the specifics?
  • BinghamtonDaveBinghamtonDave Alum Member 🍌🍌
    8689 karma
    To answer your question abstractly: yes, sometimes I have had to draw out multiple boards for one question and sometimes I can rely on previous work that I have left standing. I just drew out 4 boards to answer a question on the circle game from PT 41 about 9 minutes ago.
  • desire2learndesire2learn Member
    1171 karma
    Circle games! WAAAAAAAHHHHHHH. Those require so many boards.
  • SimbatronSimbatron Member
    175 karma
    It's prep test 33 section 4 game 1 (simple sequencing). It seems that if I don't draw out the multiple boards per question I get it wrong because I can't physically see both options. Just a little time consuming and wondering if there is a way around it I am missing?
  • Cant Get RightCant Get Right Yearly + Live Member Sage 🍌 7Sage Tutor
    27821 karma
    One thing I'll do when I want to run multiple scenarios quickly is to use a skeleton board. So, I'll usually draw in the slots once and do one board above and another below. Then if I need to split either of those, I'll just do the extra board right on top or right below. I think sometimes it's definitely helpful to run multiple boards, just make sure you're not drawing out full game boards for each one. There's just not time for that.