Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Personal Statement Advice

legal_namelegal_name Alum Member
edited October 2016 in General 277 karma
I'm applying this year in Canada to a specific law school I've applied to before. I have a bit of a dilemma. I still feel the answers I provided in part A and B of my personal statement before accurately and best reflect me now. However, I'm worried by submitting a next to identical statement it looks lazy on my part. If I re-wrote, it would feel forced and less genuine in a way. Anyone been in this situation too? What would you recommend I do?

Comments

• DEC_LSATDEC_LSAT Alum Member
    760 karma
    @legal_name if your lsat score and gpa remain the same as the last time you applied, i would change my PS a bit. if you have improved in one or both of the other areas, then keep it the same if you're satisfied with it. let me know!
  • legal_namelegal_name Alum Member
    277 karma
    @DEC_LSAT thank you so much for the input. Depending on my pending score from the September LSAT I'll (hopefully) be applying with a more competitive score. Planning on writing in December as well just in case. My character sketch has also been updated.
  • DEC_LSATDEC_LSAT Alum Member
    760 karma
    @legal_name i'm sure you'll have a higher score! good luck.
  • LSATislandLSATisland Free Trial Inactive Sage
    1878 karma
    Hi @legal_name If possible, perhaps consider keeping the basic parts of the current PS that reflect best and adding an element connected to what you did this past year.
  • legal_namelegal_name Alum Member
    277 karma
    @LSATisland thank you for the suggestion. I'll try that out and see if I can make something work.