Games Quiz/PDF?

Tom TucsonTom Tucson Alum Member
in General 14 karma
Is there a quiz or a PDF on game type identification? Much Thanks.

Comments

• AlexAlex Alum Member
    edited October 2016 23929 karma
    I don't think so, JY explained somewhat why in one of the LG lessons. I think the reason is that 7Sage's LG philosophy is predicated on the idea that there are one two types of games: sequencing and grouping (and hybrids of the two mixed).

This idea is not only accurate, but it helps to make things much simpler when compared to other prep companies who make pretty meaningless distinctions between the game types. I know Powerscore does this and it used to confuse the hell out of me. It also was detrimental because instead of learning how to be flexible and fast on the LG section, I spent time trying to memorize when a game was a moving distributing grouping game vs. fixed and things like that. When I actually started to do timed sections, I realized that all Powerscore had taught me in regards to classifying games was all but completely useless.

The real quiz will be just doing the games themselves! :D
  • DEC_LSATDEC_LSAT Alum Member
    760 karma
    @"Alex Divine" hey Alex, do you know a game that is similar to PT 9 Game 3?
  • AlexAlex Alum Member
    23929 karma
    @"DEC_LSAT" said:
    hey Alex, do you know a game that is similar to PT 9 Game 3?
    Not off of the top of my head. When I get home from work I will look through my games packet and see if I can find one that is similar. There must be something close, lol.

Edit: I just checked it out. Yeah, this one gave me trouble originally. I think I split the boards quite a bit with this one.
    760 karma
    @"Alex Divine" it made me freeze for like at least 15 minutes straight without solving anything. it was a sad day that i hope to not repeat
  • desire2learndesire2learn Member
    edited October 2016 1171 karma
    @DEC_LSAT @"Alex Divine" I just sent J.Y. and explanation on how to do this one with an easy chart. Give me a few days (I'm swamped right now) but I will try to post how I organized it. I thought it made it pretty easy to either split or just answer the questions straight up without splitting.
    760 karma
    @desire2learn sweet! looking forward to it :)
  • Cant Get RightCant Get Right Yearly + Live Member Sage 🍌 7Sage Tutor
    27858 karma
    9.3, The dance recital game, lol. Tricky tricky. Yeah, got to split at least into 2 boards, if I'm remembering right. It's one where you've just got to start by putting everything you can on the board. From there, it's like a series of two or three inferences. If you get them, there is nothing to it. If you don't, it's almost impossible.

@"Tom Tucson" , in a very real sense, every game is a game type identification drill. I think that exercise falls very much under the umbrella of the fool proofing method. That's really the only way to do it.