Query failed: connection to 172.31.3.4:9312 failed (errno=111, msg=Connection refused). Personal Statement Intro Bundle Anyone? - 7Sage Forum

Personal Statement Intro Bundle Anyone?

lalahhhhhlalahhhhh Alum Member
edited September 2014 in General 40 karma
Has anyone bought and tried the personal statement bundle? I was curious as to what it consists of and what people thought of it?

Comments

• David WayneDavid Wayne Free Trial Member
    571 karma
    Seems like something new. Maybe one of the 7sage staff can give a little description of it to those of us applying this year.
  • synergy_101synergy_101 Alum Member
    180 karma
    I'm also curious about it too, wonder if it's useful for Canadian Law Schools :S
  • Allison MAllison M Alum Member Inactive Sage
    810 karma
    I bought it out of curiosity when I saw your post. It seems okay, but not necessarily better than the TLS PS guide, which is (a) free and (b) more extensive (http://www.top-law-schools.com/guide-to-personal-statements.html). If you have no idea where to begin, this might be a good resource, but if you've already done some reading elsewhere, you can probably give it a pass.
  • lalahhhhhlalahhhhh Alum Member
    40 karma
    Thanks Allison!
  • Allison MAllison M Alum Member Inactive Sage
    810 karma
    FYI, it consists of some general advice about how to approach the personal statement, tips of what to do/not to do, an outline of the long process of brainstorming --> writing --> editing, and a detailed analysis of one personal statement at various stages in the editing process.
  • David WayneDavid Wayne Free Trial Member
    571 karma
    Any 7sage staff members want to make a case for buying it?
  • YY MMMM.YY MMMM. Alum Member
    edited September 2014 73 karma
    I bought the add-on. Also thanks @Allison for more info!!
  • inactiveinactive Alum Member
    12637 karma
    Hey guys! Allison's description of it is pretty spot-on. It's something new that we've been working on, and are still working on. If you have any suggestions for it, please shoot me an email here: studentservices@7sage.com