Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

LG Games Practice: Recycle old games?

RM112015RM112015 Free Trial Member
edited September 2014 in Logic Games 192 karma
Hello, I am trying to improve on logic games and am wondering if recycling old games is a good strategy. I do not want to burn out through other logic games in PTs because I will need those for simulated test prep conditions.

In short, does using old logic games that one has already completed have any value when attempting to get better?

Comments

• Allison MAllison M Alum Member Inactive Sage
    810 karma
    7Sage advocates re-doing each game until you can (a) complete it quickly and (b) get every question right. So, yes, recycling games is a good way to study!
  • Nilesh SNilesh S Alum Inactive ⭐
    3438 karma
    Yep recycling old games is totally the way to go... heck I would even say recycling old LR is the way to go... just reinforces the concepts better.
  • chrijani7chrijani7 Alum Member
    827 karma
    Definitely recycle LG. Cycle through all the LG's from the PT's you have done thus far. And as you move further along, you will have a bigger "bank" to cycle through making it even more useful. Trust me, if you do an LG and don't see it again for a month, you might remember the game, but you won't have memorized the answers. You may remember the set up, but it's still good because it reinforces what you've learned and forces you to make inferences, as well as gives you practice with tackling questions.
  • RM112015RM112015 Free Trial Member
    edited September 2014 192 karma
    Ok thank you! I will definitely apply this advice. However, is becoming more accurate and quicker on recycled games an indicator that I will also improve on new LG's? I feel that, while my timing and accuracy have improved after only having done 16 LG's, that I still get that sort of 'shock' when I see a new problem and have no idea how to set it up initially and thus my timing suffers as a result.

Anyhow, I will certainly recycle LG's for the sake of cementing inference making techniques and for the sake of practice.
  • sicsempersicsemper Free Trial Member
    31 karma
    Regarding your question on becoming more accurate on new LGs - I think so. As you do more (new/fresh) LGs you'll see that there's a finite number of set up types and finite number of inferences that you'd be expected to make as part of the game. Recycling helps you to get better/faster at 1) identifying the board 2) making inferences and 3) anticipating restrictive parts of the game. As you get better at that I think you'll experience less of the shock and get better at "attacking" the game.
  • RM112015RM112015 Free Trial Member
    192 karma
    Sicsemper that makes a lot of sense. If there is a finite number of set up types and inferences, then that would make recycling games a really useful studying strategy. I was just not sure because so far I have only done a few games. Thanks to all!