Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

december LSAT and preptests from 60-70s

DEC_LSATDEC_LSAT Alum Member
in General 760 karma
Hello all, I postponed writing the September LSAT because I didn't do any of the 60s and 70s. Now I am registered for the December lsat and i'm wondering if my game plan is strong: so full timed PT 60,62,64,66,68, and ALL of the 70s before the real test. As you can see i'm not doing all of the 60s (I don't have enough time) and I'm wondering skipping 5 of them (doing every other one) is an okay game plan? I might just do timed LG sections for the ones i'm skipping.... any suggestions?

Comments

• Cant Get RightCant Get Right Yearly + Live Member Sage 🍌 7Sage Tutor
    27821 karma
    You've got a classic quantity versus quality delimna and quality is always the correct call.

I would warn against working PTs sequentially though. When you go sequentially, it leaves you with no time to adjust to the most relevant/important PTs. Go ahead and get on some recent tests.
  • DEC_LSATDEC_LSAT Alum Member
    760 karma
    @"Cant Get Right" so go into 70s before even looking at the 60s? i thought 60s were pretty recent
  • DEC_LSATDEC_LSAT Alum Member
    760 karma
    @"Cant Get Right" by the way, i'm only doing 2 preptests a week... i thought that would be good enough for quality learning
  • Cant Get RightCant Get Right Yearly + Live Member Sage 🍌 7Sage Tutor
    27821 karma
    I wouldn't skip over the 60's all together, I'd just mix them up. If you go in sequence, the last test you're going to see is PT 79. While every test is valuable, the most recent test is going to be the most relevant to what you should be expecting on game day. 79 is a great example actually because there is a new game type in 79. When do you want to be seeing a new game type for the first time? It's not the week before the test. If it were me, I'd like something more along the lines of skipping 4 or 5 between tests. Something more like: 60, 64, 68, 72, 76, 61, 65, 69, 73, 77, etc. Something more like that. That's just me though.

People tend to see their score drop when they hit the 70's. I've seen too many really smart people working in sequence who get to the 70s the month before the test, see their average tank, and just don't have enough time to figure out and address what happened before test day. Get the 70's slump out of the way now so you have time to react to it.
  • gparmar92gparmar92 Alum Member
    edited October 2016 153 karma
    @"Cant Get Right" said:
    You've got a classic quantity versus quality delimna and quality is always the correct call.

Thank you @CantGetRight. I'm in the same boat @DEC_LSAT. I feel as though I jumped into practice testing late, spending more time on curriculum. I learned that you need the tests to show you where you're weak in curriculum, so that you can improve. Going to focus my time on 60's-70's to get a real idea of how prepared I am for the December exam.
  • Dark Knight VDark Knight V Member
    194 karma
    I'm in a similar boat: taking PTs right now, currently working my way through some of the 60s and planning to take all of the 70s before test day. Thank you @CantGetRight for that advice.

I've been taking about 2 PTS a week (occasionally 3). At what point before Test Day should I stop taking PTs? A week before?

Also, are there certain PTs (in addition to 79) that I should be sure to do?