Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Should I apply for handscoring?

yhchoi1687yhchoi1687 Alum Member
edited October 2016 in General 80 karma
For September exam, which was my third shot, I ended up getting 173.

This is still high score, but I am still wondering whether smudges for 2-3 questions in my answer sheet affected my score or not.

During the exam, I found I had marking mistakes and corrected for some questions. I erased as cleanly as possible but some gray marks were still noticeably visible.

The problem is that I took the exam in Asia, which is a nondisclosed exam, so I cannot check whether the machine correctly marked my answer or not.

What do you think guys? Should I apply for handscoring? I don't want to waste my money but since higher score with 2 or 3 points will give me much better chances of scholarships so honestly I am leaning toward handscoring... Is there anyone who was or is in similar circumstances?

Comments

• Stephanie57049Stephanie57049 Alum Member
    69 karma
    I was wondering the same thing since I had a few I changed, like 6 or so. I can see what answers I erased clearly on the scanned exam, but the correct mark was much darker and always picked up by the machine.
  • AlexAlex Alum Member
    23929 karma
    @yhchoi1687 said:
    I don't want to waste my money but since higher score with 2 or 3 points will give me much better chances of scholarships so honestly I am leaning toward handscoring... Is there anyone who was or is in similar circumstances?
    First, congrats! That is an awesome score and you should be proud :)

I think you should just bite the bullet and pay for the hand scoring. Why? Well I think it is bothering you and you'll be able to have some closure. I think that is worth the $100 bucks. It sucks you have to pay and if you're broke maybe it isn't doable. I'm just someone who values peace of mind over almost everything else, so I'd pay.

• SprinklesSprinkles Alum Member
    11542 karma
    @"Alex Divine" said:
    Well I think it is bothering you and you'll be able to have some closure.
    Yeah, same. If this was something you were casually considering (given your AWESOME score!) I would say probably not.
  • yhchoi1687yhchoi1687 Alum Member
    80 karma
    @"Alex Divine" You are right haha. It is bothering and actually I don't want to leave any regrets especially because this is my last shot.
  • Ron SwansonRon Swanson Alum Member Inactive ⭐
    1650 karma
    Can't you just compare your answer sheet to what the "item response report" or whatever that chart breakdown says?

Then, if there are any discrepancies apply for hand scoring
  • solkriossolkrios Free Trial Member
    140 karma
    @yhchoi1687 I'm in the same boat! Took it in Europe. I thought I had done way better, but remember having a whole section I had to erase on. That said, my score was below yours and would be more worth paying for. Still a tough call. Good luck!