Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Thank you to JY and the 7Sage Community:)

twssmithtwssmith Alum
in General 5120 karma
All the best to the NEW SAGES:)

This better be the most kick-ass story of why to make the most of your lives NOW with No Regrets!!

I still have the sales receipt from Aug 2014 for a Kaplan LSAT book. My twin daughters were Junior’s in high school and because of many transitions in their lives, I was dedicated to be available when they needed me in their last years at home before leaving for college.

Always a dream of going to Law School, I thought that I would take the LSAT. Hmmm, dumb-ass, not recognizing the full aspects of the test, I made every prep mistake known – and then I found 7Sage. Then, I found another way to screw up by casually going thru the curriculum the 1st time through. If anyone needs a testament for their parents to understand that it takes time to understand the test, I am happy to send them a note:)

After almost 2 years of intermittent prep and many hours being a part of 7Sage, I un-officially dubbed myself the historian of knowledge of those that came before us. JY created an amazing curriculum but his investment into the community to me is what makes 7Sage very special. The gift from everyone in the last cycle and all they did to create opportunities for the current students really changed the landscape at 7Sage to achieve not only their personal goals but also to give back sharing strategies for future test takers. The current cycle of test takers are embracing JY and the community to continue to help everyone take their studies to an even higher level.

If there was a time in our home when my girls had an issue, they would beg me to study because they knew it was a deflection from my attention towards them. Smart, huh! Whenever I was a witch with anyone on this site, I hope they understood that it was because I cared and knew that they were capable of so much more. The friendships that I have built mean the world to me and I am behind you every step that you take. Thank you for allowing me to be a part of your life.

While respectable, my score is not going to cut it for me to pursue Law School. I love how life works and 2 things happened in the last 24 hours before receiving my score showed me that I have other things in my life that need me more than Law School.

I wouldn’t give anything to change my life and where I am today. 7Sage has given me a “safe” place to be while I transitioned to being an “empty nester” and I am so thankful. While the LSAT test itself has aged me beyond my years, the community has kept me young at heart:)
Love,
T

Comments

• AlexAlex Alum Member
    23929 karma
    Such an amazing and inspiring story!

@twssmith Good luck with whatever you decide! I'm so proud of you for doing what is right for you <3 I hope you will still be active and chat with me even if you aren't prepping for the LSAT anymore!
  • Jessica_KubaJessica_Kuba Core Member
    461 karma
    This was so beautifully written and encouraging. I wish you so much luck as you embark on your next endeavor :)
  • desire2learndesire2learn Member
    1171 karma
    It has been a joy to 7sage with you. Blessings in all that you do!
  • BinghamtonDaveBinghamtonDave Alum Member 🍌🍌
    8689 karma
    @twssmith you are a valued and incredible member of this community and one of the kindest people I have ever come across. I wish you the best of luck my friend.
  • SprinklesSprinkles Alum Member
    edited October 2016 11542 karma
    Tyler, you're so beautiful. I genuinely love everything about you. A few months ago, when I decided to be active on the forum after creating an account two years prior, the energy of the people on here got me so hyped. I found myself refreshing the page every so often to see what the new topics were, and what advice people had to give lol. I suffer from severe self-doubt and when I would want to help someone with a problem they had, it always took me at least 5 minutes of obsessively rereading my comment to make sure I didn't look completely foolish among the 7sage nerds. You probably don't remember this, but once I wrote a piece of advice to someone on their thread and retracted it by commenting again, "ah man! that was dumb advice, don't listen to me!!" you saw that and messaged me something that may seem like a small deed to you, but it was a mountain load of encouragement for me. Thank you, Tyler. I always remember your words to me when the self-doubt creeps up. I consider you a gem among the 7sagers and someone I see as admirable. I want to be extremely selfish here and tell you to continue pursuing Law School so I can have more of you around, but that's not the way it works :) I'm going to bookmark this post and refer back to it every now and then because you yet again instilled more encouragement in me. I'm actually teary-eyed as I write this! It's crazy how people on the interwebs can have such an impact on a person's life lol.
    Love you always, Tyler, don't forget us.
  • tanes256tanes256 Alum Member
    2573 karma
    @twssmith @montaha.rizeq so what if I said I know someone that got teary-eyed reading this thread?? Weird, huh?
  • Accounts PlayableAccounts Playable Live Sage
    3107 karma
    Great post Tyler! It's been a pleasure getting to know over the past many months and a privilege to call you a friend. Your experience studying and preparing are valuable resources for others just starting their prep, so keep in touch!
  • SprinklesSprinkles Alum Member
    11542 karma
    @tanes256 said:
    so what if I said I know someone that got teary-eyed reading this thread?? Weird, huh?
    Totally weird, who would do such a thing :)
  • Anna MarieAnna Marie Alum Member
    210 karma
    @twssmith I remember how welcome you made me feel on my first BR call back in June -- I could've easily remained a longtime lurker if not for your warmth and encouragement over the past few months. As a testament to what @"Accounts Playable" says above, your prep experience was a valuable resource to me and I really hope you'll stay involved with this community in some way, law school or no. (Afterall, we do need to finally have a 7Sage Chicken Capital of the World meet-up). Best of luck to you and keep in touch!
  • nessa.k13.0nessa.k13.0 Inactive ⭐
    edited October 2016 4141 karma
    Tyler, I cannot thank you enough for being such a fabulous 7sage mentor and friend for me. You've answered so many of my questions and really helped me improve. Your encouragement has meant the world to me, as I would not have been as involved as much and improved as much without you. I cannot state enough how much your persistence with understanding stimulus reasoning has improved my LSAT game. You've been such an integral part of the 7sage community and encouraged me to take advantage of all the wonderful advice and benefits 7Sage has to offer. I'm sad to see this means less of you in BR groups, but I am so happy that you are at peace with your decision. I cannot thank you enough Tyler, your role as historian and constant presence is something that I have benefited from immensely. I hope to hear from you again soon xoxo. I hope you enjoy that bourbon!
  • kombuchakombucha Alum Member
    202 karma
    You are so loved and appreciated here. I hope you can still drop by sometime in the BR calls/discussion board so we can still reconnect sometime - thanks for everything you have done for all of us on 7-Sage Tyler.
  • inactiveinactive Alum Member
    12637 karma
    Tyler!! You're great, I love you. Thanks for taking the time to write out your story. I hope you'll stick around, we'd miss you otherwise!! I'm still here to talk if you ever need me regardless. :)
  • Swift777Swift777 Member
    83 karma
    Good luck in your future endeavours!
  • Nanchito-1-1Nanchito-1-1 Yearly Member
    1762 karma
    Love you ty, good luck.
  • Nanchito-1-1Nanchito-1-1 Yearly Member
    1762 karma
    And thank you <3
  • cm214998cm214998 Alum Member
    190 karma
    Life teaches us lessons in mysterious ways, perhaps this whole LSAT prep journey was truly a test of character for you. Best of luck!
  • DumbHollywoodActorDumbHollywoodActor Alum Inactive ⭐
    7468 karma
    @twssmith said:
    Thank you for allowing me to be a part of your life.
    Thank YOU, Tyler. I’d be lying if I said this didn’t make me tremendously sad, but that’s about me. You sound like you’ve put a lot of thought into this decision, and if you are at peace with it, then I will be happy for you. I wish you all the best things in the world. I hope that our paths cross sometime in the future. Be well, my friend.
  • bjphillips5bjphillips5 Alum Member
    1137 karma
    @twssmith You're sweet and nice and funny and wonderful. Thanks for sharing so much of your time with us.
  • rachelrachel Alum Member
    207 karma
    Wow, Tyler! Lots of feelings over here... in my experiences on 7 Sage, you have been the highlight for certain. Thank you for sharing yourself with us!! We will miss you. Please keep in touch. PM me for contact info.
  • dml277dml277 Alum Member
    775 karma
    It's been a pleasure to get to know you, Tyler. I still remember how encouraging and welcoming you were on my first BR call, and that definitely encouraged me to start participating more in those calls. Thank you. We'll definitely miss you! Good luck with your next endeavours! :)
  • Cant Get RightCant Get Right Yearly + Live Member Sage 🍌 7Sage Tutor
    27809 karma
    One thing I've realized about the LSAT is that the process of preparing for it results in so much more than a score. The score is woefully inadequate in expressing the results. I know that you gained tremendously from studying for the LSAT and because of it, you will be better equipped to take on whatever new challenges await you. When I first started on 7Sage, you were one of the first that reached out to me and made me feel welcome and encouraged to actively engage in this process and this community. Without that engagement, I know I would not be where I am now; and I sincerely feel like I owe that largely to you. You are the kind of person that touches the lives of those you encounter and in some small way leaves them changed forever. I know that mine has been. I'm so glad that our paths crossed, and I hope you'll stay in touch so that we can celebrate your future successes together. Love ya T!