Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Should I retake?

kmarie7kmarie7 Alum Member
in General 208 karma
I got one point above my highest PT score, so I am actually really happy! However, I am 2 points away from being in my top school's 75th percentile. With my GPA I am currently in between 50-75 percentile. I honestly do not want to retake, but I would also like in state tuition for this school. Will 2 points be a big deciding factor?

Comments

• 194 karma
    In those percentile ranges you probably have a good shot. Hopefully some of the more admissions savvy members take a look at this thread and can give you some more concrete advice
  • desire2learndesire2learn Member
    1171 karma
    I would work like mad to make the rest of my application awesome and apply!
  • kmarie7kmarie7 Alum Member
    208 karma
    Thanks guys! I plan to make sure my personal statement and resume look AMAZING.
  • StopLawyingStopLawying Alum Member
    821 karma
    I would retake
  • AlexAlex Alum Member
    23929 karma
    @kmarie7

I think the deciding factor on a retake is the school itself. Is it a T14? What is their acceptance rate?
  • kmarie7kmarie7 Alum Member
    208 karma
    Hey @"Alex Divine" It is not a T14, and 40%
  • AlexAlex Alum Member
    23929 karma
    @kmarie7 said:
    Hey @"Alex Divine" It is not a T14, and 40%
    2 points would make a difference, especially if it pushes you over the 75th%tile. Is there a way to see the schools scholarships on mylsn.info ?
  • bjphillips5bjphillips5 Alum Member
    1137 karma
    @kmarie7 I've personally decided to retake even though I am okay with my score. I think it's healthy to look at it as a really good opportunity to improve your options for your future. I really don't want to retake. Studying can really suck. But it's a month and a half for December or a few months for February and it could really benefit you for years to come.