Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

LG help please somebody!

The_RiseThe_Rise Alum Member
edited July 2013 in Logic Games 283 karma
I feel kind of hopeless on LG. I've improved since I've been studying, but I figured after a few months I'd have them down, but its not the case. I still get trouble with some double layered sequencing games, and I havent really done much grouping yet. I do the games - watch the 7 sage video - memorize the inferences through printing a bunch of copies out. I duno what to do now. I practice them for hours a day and I feel like I am not gaining much progress on them. (I have both the LGB and MLG)

Comments

• Mark TenorioMark Tenorio Free Trial Member
    edited July 2013 299 karma
    All I can say is keep doing the fool-proof guide to perfection on LG.

Are you reacting to how the game is set up? Like if a game said "scientist are testing 5 of 7 medicines A B C D E F G, are you making 5 in and 2 out? After doing the games over and over again, you should start to react instantly. It took me more than a few months to get it down.

If you're doing the games prior to 2000, those games are arguably harder than today's games. Today's games are much more forgiving. But it still helps to go back and master the older games.
  • The_RiseThe_Rise Alum Member
    283 karma
    Thanks Mark T. (always a super helpful poster!) . Yeah I believe I am reacting to the games - however sometimes I simply get stuck. Its discouraging because I am thinking what if I just get "stuck" like this in October?!!?!. Anyway, I will keep drilling and reviewing thoroughly. All of the games I've done a pre - prep test 40
    Hey Kyuya,

What exactly do you get stuck on? (The rare special rules, the "twists", etc).
    I promise you, do all the games you had the slightest bit of trouble; print ten clean copies of each and do it habitually. It will come. When you are redoing it, place yourself in a "new" position (pretend that you've never seen that game before and try to do it). It may sound ridiculous but it helped me.

283 karma
    Sometimes I'll just miss an inference, or I will read the rules and be stuck on what to do, even if I've got the game board laid out (again, missing inferences). Yes I will try that
    Analyze those rules and inferences carefully. Take more than 10+ minutes if you have to. For those future games that you will have trouble on, look back at them and analyze what was wrong. Be sure not to look at the explanations and answers until you've got it down. Use the explanations as a last resort.
    283 karma
    Okay thanks Mark. How is your studying going?
  • CJ ShinCJ Shin Free Trial Member
    302 karma
    Hey Kyuya, don't be discouraged!
    Like Mark said, the games after 2000 do follow a set of patterns so make sure to repeat a lot of them!
  • Andrew GAndrew G Free Trial Member
    28 karma
    When you get stuck take count of what's left. Next take count of the rules. How do the two interface? If you can't recognize anything then apply each rule one by one. After you do that if you've exhausted every rule the rest are simply free to float. This is always a good process to go through.

With regards to specific questions if it says what must be true and you're getting them frequently wrong its probably because your not exhausting all the possible scenarios and your just proving it "could be true" not "must be true." Make sure to keep doing scenarios until you've definitively eliminated the 4 wrong answer choices.

With regards to your set up how quickly are you setting up your games? Are you listing them all out in order and marking them on your master gameboard? If so can you do it any quicker than you currently do? When you create 3 or 4 scenarios are you able to fly through the questions in under 2 to 3 minutes or are you not able to see how the moving pieces fit together in your mind?

If your getting the rule replacement questions on the recent tests wrong don't fret it's 1/23 and if you really want to get the most difficult ones right you need to store up sufficient time to prove that the replacement works so don't consider this until you have all the games down pat with plenty of time to spare.

Lastly, drill, drill and drill some more. Get the Cambridge Complete LSAT bundle for 84.75 and do every logic game twice or three times. By the time your done you can do the Mauve Dinosaur game in your sleep, trust me LG can be mastered if you work hard enough and smart enough. You can do it, just keep at it and keep learning each day and the sky is the limit.
    283 karma
    There is sometimes where i actually have no idea how to set the game up. Does this mean I just suck at recognizing game types?
    283 karma
    Also, Mark, is my method good then, I initial went through basic linear games till i knew them all ( I have the LG pack), now I doing the same for advanced linear . Which means, Ill go through the package, 1 game by 1 , making sure I memorized inferences in each game after giving them an honest shot myself, going to 7sage videos. Repeat, and do the same with grouping games?