Falling behind my study schedule - How do you get back on track?

cm214998cm214998 Alum Member
in General 190 karma
Hey guys! Hope studying is going well! Recently, since starting 7sage a month ago, I've been making pretty solid progress in terms of going through the curriculum. I aiming for 15-20 hours a week. However, I'm also in school full time, and I have an internship so I've found myself burning out, but not so much because of the studying, but because everything else has been piling up. My study time has decreased a lot. Also, I have fall allergies and I live in the NYC area so it has started to get cold. This has affected my energy levels, and on top of everything else, I find myself fatigued and unable to focus which also lowers my productivity effectiveness while studying. I'm not good when it comes to time management and routines and it's hard for me to stick to them. Any help or tips on how you guys do it? Very interested in your suggestions! Thanks!

Comments

• BinghamtonDaveBinghamtonDave Alum Member 🍌🍌
    8689 karma
    Life does sometimes legitimately impede studying and it is from my experience a common occurrence for people to fall a bit behind. When things are hectic, getting one or two solid things done for the LSAT and then dealing with life is what I have done to adjust to events in my life while studying for this exam. On October 9th I got married and was drilling LG while my groomsmen and I were getting ready. It wasn't much, but it was what I needed to do to get something productive and related to the LSAT done on that day. With this comes a trade off: my original plan to take the December exam doesn't look like it is going to work, which is alright with me.

So my advice to you is this: if your scores aren't falling where you want them to and life is getting in the way and you are falling a bit behind: don't worry, get a little bit done each day (maybe a section with review or 15 sufficient assumption problems) and push back your test date until you can put the requisite amount of quality time into this.

Good luck and stay in touch!
  • Tinyosi1Tinyosi1 Alum Member
    235 karma
    The best advice I can give is to not let stuff stop you from getting at least a little done. Just like with things like exercise and dieting, the best results come when you make a habit out of things.

The days when you feel the worst and most tired are the days you just have to slog through at least a little bit of work. I'm not saying to go too crazy on those days, but getting something done these days will help you keep it up.
  • AlexAlex Alum Member
    23929 karma
    @Tinyosi1 said:
    The best advice I can give is to not let stuff stop you from getting at least a little done. Just like with things like exercise and dieting, the best results come when you make a habit out of things.

YES, YES, YES!
  • cm214998cm214998 Alum Member
    190 karma
    Thank you for the advice guys! Slow and steady wins the race
  • SprinklesSprinkles Alum Member
    11542 karma
    @cm214998 said:
    Slow and steady wins the race
    Keeping this in mind will help out more than you think! I've fallen behind my schedule a few times, and it's usually because I decided to take longer to understand a certain skill set before moving on. Quality will always surpass quantity in this regard.