Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

which practice tests in the 70s should I take between now and the December test

DEC_LSATDEC_LSAT Alum Member
in General 760 karma
which practice tests in the 70s should I take between now and the December test? any ideas? will taking about 6 of them be enough before the test? I have to take the december test.

Comments

• danielznelsondanielznelson Alum Inactive Sage Inactive ⭐
    4181 karma
    I don't even know if I'd take that many. Have you taken any of the more recent tests yet (65/7+)?

I would take 1-2 a week (I much prefer sticking to 1) and do some individual drilling with other tests, though try to keep your resources as new as possible, even if they're retakes. However, use some drilling time for old/weird LG as well.

I would not take a fresh PT less than a week or week-and-a-half out. If you are to take a test a week out, take advantage of a retake - definitely one from the newer PTs.
  • 308 karma
    From now until test day, I'm planning to take tests 70,71,78, and 79 (if it comes out on time lol). In between those PT's, I'm taking individual LG,RC, and LR sections to keep myself sharp and make improvements where I see necessary. At the end of each week, i simulate test day by taking a PT at 9 am sharp, while trying to apply the skills i practiced that week. I feel like I'm not going to learn anything by just taking constant PT's over and over again because I'm just going to repeat the same mistakes in all of them without really fixing them if all I'm doing is taking Pt's. I also want to avoid burnout leading up to the actual test.
  • DEC_LSATDEC_LSAT Alum Member
    760 karma
    @"Artak Mamikonyan" so you'll skip the other 70s (72-76) entirely? I think i need to make sure I don't burn out either so i should probably adjust my schedule too
    760 karma
    @danielznelson i've only taken 70 and a decent amount of the 60s! thanks for your advice!
  • 308 karma
    Oh, no. I've taken 72-76 about a month ago or so because i was initially going to take the September LSAT but then realized I wasn't quite where i wanted to be so I postponed to December. I did make improvements in that time and since I really want to apply this cycle, I'm going to take the December test and see what happens. I just don't think taking like 10 PT's from now until test day is necessary because i kind of did that while getting ready for the September test and i felt like i wasn't really improving and just burning myself out. (But you should for sure get acclimated to the 70's tests because my score dropped once I hit the 70's so there is a bit of a difference that you want to get used to.)
    760 karma
    Thanks @"Artak Mamikonyan" i really appreciate it! I also postponed on the september test. I'm in the same situation. Good luck to you on the December test! :)
  • 308 karma
    Haha yup, no problem. Good luck to you as well. We got this.
    edited November 2016 4181 karma
    @"Artak Mamikonyan" said:
    From now until test day, I'm planning to take tests 70,71,78, and 79 (if it comes out on time lol). In between those PT's, I'm taking individual LG,RC, and LR sections to keep myself sharp and make improvements where I see necessary. At the end of each week, i simulate test day by taking a PT at 9 am sharp, while trying to apply the skills i practiced that week. I feel like I'm not going to learn anything by just taking constant PT's over and over again because I'm just going to repeat the same mistakes in all of them without really fixing them if all I'm doing is taking Pt's. I also want to avoid burnout leading up to the actual test.
    Yeah, @DEC_LSAT, literally just do this, haha.

My only recommendation would be to at least look at the LG section for 72 and/or 77, as well. I would, however, advise you just take the whole test instead, since you want as much fresh material as possible in the event you'd like to retake.

Maybe take one of those should 79 not be out on time. If you were to replace any one of the other tests @"Artak Mamikonyan" is taking, I think it would be best if it were 70. Definitely take 78.
  • 308 karma
    @danielznelson Yeah, the only reason Im taking those 4 in particular is because I've taken 72-76 already.
    760 karma
    @"Artak Mamikonyan" did you find any of the 70s particularly more difficult? are there any outliers?
    4181 karma
    @"Artak Mamikonyan" said:
    Yeah, the only reason Im taking those 4 in particular is because I've taken 72-76 already.
    Oh, totally. I wasn't criticizing your strategy, I promise, haha. Your game plan is flawless, in my opinion.
  • 308 karma
    @DEC_LSAT I don't know if I can point to anything in particular to be honest. It just seemed different. My scores just dropped a couple points in each section. I'm actually planning on going over tests 72-76 just because even though I've taken them, I wanna retake the LG sections for example and just review the tests in general to see if I can point out any differences.

@danielznelson I definitely didn't mean it that way haha I love getting Criticism if it helps me improve my strategy.
  • AlexAlex Alum Member
    23929 karma
    I'd try to aim to take the last 4-5 recent tests.