Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Logical Reasoning Safety Net

hoops3375hoops3375 Member
in General 8 karma
After the September LSAT and studying independently for three months I was extremely discouraged when I received my scores and knew I could not get into the schools I wanted with the performance I showed. However, I did notice after reviewing my exam that I completely tanked on Logical Reasoning (getting only 8-10 right in both sections). With Logical Reasoning counting for two of the sections on the exam I am hoping with being enrolled with 7Sage I will be ready to tackle Logical Reasoning that will significantly improve my score. Is this a pretty valid assumption or am I reaching for the stars on this one? Please help. Trying not to become too discouraged before the December exam since this is my last shot.

Comments

• Stevie CStevie C Alum Member
    645 karma
    If you pay attention to the 7sage core curriculum, you could do significantly better than 8-10 right per section. At this point, you'd make easy improvement by learning the fundamentals
  • loosekanenloosekanen Alum Member
    138 karma
    It should be but in the horse/water analogy the water doesn't vault itself into the horse. The horse actually has to drink it. If you're doing THAT poorly then your issues are probably with reading first and foremost and in that case I think the grammar course here would be particularly valuable.
  • Cant Get RightCant Get Right Yearly + Live Member Sage 🍌 7Sage Tutor
    27809 karma
    Yeah, the LR course is comprehensive- everything you need.

Just watching the curriculum won't be enough though. You've got to drill it into your brain, learn how all the different pieces fit together, and then develop the ability to execute an LR section strategy under time. LR is an incredibly complex section and unfortunately, it simply can't be learned in a matter of weeks. If this is your final attempt, I must strongly advise you to withdraw from December. If you need to improve LR by an amount of any significance, you cannot close that gap between now and December. To be clear, that is not at all to say you cannot close that gap. LR is totally learnable. You can learn it, even master it: Just not in 25 days.
  • tanes256tanes256 Alum Member
    2573 karma
    @hoops3375 In addition to everything said above keep in mind that you also need time to "un-learn" what you've been doing before. That takes time. You're good though with 7 Sage. Good luck!
  • hoops3375hoops3375 Member
    8 karma
    I've been studying way before I posted this discussion. So the 25 days isn't really bothering me.
  • hoops3375hoops3375 Member
    8 karma
    Also, the schools I am interested in I should be just fine by scoring anywhere in the 150's. Thanks everyone for your input. I plan on drilling logical reasoning as much as I can since LG and RC are high enough.
  • AlexAlex Alum Member
    23929 karma
    @"Cant Get Right" said:
    Yeah, the LR course is comprehensive- everything you need.
    This is a great point that I want to stress. 7Sage is ALL you need. I wasted so much time and energy searching for the magic bullet "book" to supplement the course. You just can't compete with a computer when you're a multi-hundred page book!
  • AlexAlex Alum Member
    23929 karma
    @hoops3375 said:
    Also, the schools I am interested in I should be just fine by scoring anywhere in the 150's. Thanks everyone for your input. I plan on drilling logical reasoning as much as I can since LG and RC are high enough.

LR will come to you with time and practice. One thing I want to stress is note taking. I'm actually going to be writing a more in-depth post about this, but I think note taking while going through the CC is a must for every student. Writing notes will help you even if you NEVER look back at them. The simple act of forcing yourself to absorb the info and understand it enough to write it down will help you incredibly. I've talked to almost every person I know who scored above a 165+ and almost everyone in that group said they took notes.

I myself began to see a major improvement once I returned to the CC and began to take notes my second time through. My LR went from -5/-6 to a -2/-3 on average.

Also, If you're goal is in the 150s - my suggestion is to get LG down and consistent. That may very well put you comfortably in the 150s. I also suggest this because people argue quite correctly imo that games are the easiest and quickest to get down to -0 per section. Not sure how many misses per section you're having here, I know you've said you are scoring "high enough." But if there's room for improvement, make the gains there too!