Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Opinions from those who have enrolled in the Admissions accounts?

CCCCLLLLCCCCLLLL Alum Member
I am 100% a believer in 7sage's effectiveness for LSAT prep, but now that that's out of the way, I was wondering how effective people have found the Admissions accounts. And if you did use them for your application, which level did you sign up for and how do you feel it helped you?
I've been working on my personal statement and all other application necessities on my own, but feel like it might be best to leave no stone unturned and enroll professional help. Any insight would be greatly appreciated!

Comments

• AlexAlex Alum Member
    23929 karma
    I know @"Accounts Playable" HIGHLY recommended the admissions package to me. Another of my buddies from another forum also had a wonderful experience with @david.busis . Both got help with everything from Yale 250s to edits on their respective personal statements.

I'm applying next cycle and I'll be using it for sure.
  • speedwagonspeedwagon Alum Member
    edited November 2016 393 karma
    I won the starter admissions kit, so just the videos and essay bank, in a test review contest. I would say I have found it moderately useful. It is nice to have a one-stop shop for everything admissions vs. trying to piece it together from other resources. David is definitely a good presenter and he's good at explaining why a piece of writing does or doesn't work. A lot of it is written rather than videos which I prefer but it's worth knowing if you really learn well by hearing.

Of it all, I've spent the most time with the PS section. It's a pretty solid structure for figuring out your PS. It's very step by step. There are parts where I wish that I got more information, but it's always at least a solid overview. He really is generous with his knowledge. He gets into the why, not just the what, which helps a lot and gives you tools to be able to dive in. His revision tips are particularly useful I think because of how hard it is to re-approach your own work. That said, it really is an ad for why personal editing matters so much - you can see the amount of work that goes into shaping each essay and how far they go from first draft to last.

I haven't looked at any other admissions books, consulting firms, etc, so can't compare as to how this holds up and if this is a better or worse deal. I am not sure I would have paid for what I got with just the videos, but I am very very very very very happy to have won it. The round(s) of editing is where the real boost would be, if you can afford them; it's clear from the course that David's a good editor with a good eye for crafting a story rather than merely recounting events. I wonder how the starter package (ie, no editing) compares to the books, etc, out there.

Hope this helps!
  • Cant Get RightCant Get Right Yearly + Live Member Sage 🍌 7Sage Tutor
    27885 karma
    I've only been signed up for Admin Ultimate+ for a few days now, but I've been immediately impressed with David. His initial overview on my PS was spooky insightful and I love the changes he's recommended. He's not just editing line by line, he's editing for content and structure which is a much more nuanced, and in significant ways, more important edit. He doesn't just make suggestions, he asks questions. In my PS there are things I really wanted to talk about that, for one reason or another, I either removed or never included. Even though they were completely absent, David saw those gaps in the story and knew to ask about them. I've had a lot of anxiety about my PS, but now I'm feeling 100% confident that I'm going to ultimately produce a truly great one.
  • SprinklesSprinkles Alum Member
    11542 karma

This needs to be included in the review section for the admissions pack lol.
    @"Cant Get Right" said:
    I've only been signed up for Admin Ultimate+ for a few days now, but I've been immediately impressed with David. His initial overview on my PS was spooky insightful and I love the changes he's recommended. He's not just editing line by line, he's editing for content and structure which is a much more nuanced, and in significant ways, more important edit. He doesn't just make suggestions, he asks questions. In my PS there are things I really wanted to talk about that, for one reason or another, I either removed or never included. Even though they were completely absent, David saw those gaps in the story and knew to ask about them. I've had a lot of anxiety about my PS, but now I'm feeling 100% confident that I'm going to ultimately produce a truly great one.
  • AlexAlex Alum Member
    edited November 2016 23929 karma
    @montaha.rizeq

@"Cant Get Right" is who I aspire to be someday. He explains everything so damn well!

• CCCCLLLLCCCCLLLL Alum Member
    58 karma
    Thank you all for the advice! Since initially posting the question, I've already signed up, sent David my draft, and received his initial comments, which has established that I made the right choice. I agree with @"Cant Get Right" about how insightful he seems and I'm definitely already feeling more confident just knowing I'll be able to constantly go back and forth with him to work out any and all issues to make sure the PS is as effective as possible.
  • Cant Get RightCant Get Right Yearly + Live Member Sage 🍌 7Sage Tutor
    27885 karma
    Glad you're signed up and happy with your decision @CCCCLLLL !