Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

When to take PrepTests

StephanieTStephanieT Alum Member
edited September 2014 in General 64 karma
HI All. I'm interested in how others are using prep tests as they make their way through the (awesome) 7Sage curriculum. Are you taking tests sporadically? Once a week? Saving tests until the end? What have you noticed has been most helpful?

Comments

• adrian.mikoadrian.miko Alum Member
    191 karma
    All depends on how long you are going to study before you write the exam.
    Wouldn't want to deplete all the resources and have nothing to study with a few weeks before the actual test day.

For me, I try to do 2 a week: noon Wednesday, and then Saturday (as if it was the real thing)

Perhaps try the 7sage scheduler, it helps plan your studies out for you!
  • DrackedaryDrackedary Member
    239 karma
    I am doing 2 prep tests a week. I'm only using the 7Sage starter package, so I don't know how the program schedules prep tests in the bigger packages. But I bought a bunch of PTs from LSAC before I discovered 7Sage. I find running them now helps me apply lessons learned in "real" conditions and build up mental endurance.
  • godawgs24godawgs24 Alum Member
    53 karma
    Yeah it totally depends on when you are sitting for the test. Definitely take a look at the 7sage scheduler.
  • Iggy MinajIggy Minaj Alum Member
    52 karma
    what if you're taking the test in December and have about 20 tests to work with?
  • StephanieTStephanieT Alum Member
    64 karma
    Thanks for the great ideas. I have the starter package, 30 tests (8 of which I've completed), and will sit for the exam in December. On the scheduler, it lists preptests post-curriculum. Is that the case for others?
  • maggielei1109maggielei1109 Alum Member
    34 karma
    i am in the same boat with you.
  • DrackedaryDrackedary Member
    239 karma
    @StephanieT

Yup - the preptests are also post-curriculum for me on the starter.
  • joegotbored-1joegotbored-1 Alum Member
    802 karma
    I think saving the tests for after the course is particularly helpful if you've not seen conditional logic before - I hadn't and I'm glad I waited. Reason is I would have felt like I wasted the material. Like a 16 year old driving a Ferrari... very few really appreciate how awesome it is. I think you'll get more value from the tests by waiting until you've reviewed all the lessons, but if you find yourself running short on time, then yes start early and narrow your studying to your problem spots.

Good luck in December!