Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Older Games Harder?

afelsafaafelsafa Alum Member
in General 164 karma
Does anyone else find the games in the earlier PTs (35 and under) to be harder than the newer ones? In the 70s, the first 3 games are always so easy, and then there's just 1 really hard one at the end. But the earlier exams I feel are so much harder. No clue why.

Comments

• AlexAlex Alum Member
    23929 karma
    @abmustephan said:
    Does anyone else find the games in the earlier PTs (35 and under) to be harder than the newer ones? In the 70s, the first 3 games are always so easy, and then there's just 1 really hard one at the end. But the earlier exams I feel are so much harder. No clue why.
    Of course this will be a subjective answer, but I think games aren't easier or harder; just different. I think the never games tend to have less upfront inferences and require you to "brute force" a bit more often. I think the older games are a bit more unpredictable in some ways too. Though, from what people tell me about the 70s, it seems like LG is becoming more like the old games again. I think that means that you'll get a couple ridiculously easy games, a time sucker game that isn't hard, but time consuming, and then finally, a curve ball game. (I haven't done the most recent exams, but this is what I hear)

I think I'm better at the older games just because that is what I've done most of.
  • Not Ralph NaderNot Ralph Nader Alum Member Inactive Sage Inactive ⭐
    2098 karma
    @abmustephan games in PT 1-35 are not harder but a little bit different as some say LSAC got predictable during PT 40s and PT 50s but believe it or not LSAC keeps on recycling inferences. For instance there is a game in one of PT 70s that is the carbon copy of a game in PT 44. If you can get PT 1-35 LG sections and games down while having 5 to 10 minutes extra time at the end there will not be much more they can throw at you which you cannot handle it.
  • loosekanenloosekanen Alum Member
    138 karma
    Not really harder, no. They may be a bit more time intensive because a greater percentage of the answers require actual plug and play testing. There also does seem to be less spatial challenge in the exams though that may be making a comeback. Once you get really good at LG you can go back to those early tests and see that they're really not much different.