Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Your September Test Day plan?

dandandandandandan Alum Member
edited September 2014 in General 8 karma
Hi fellow anxious soon to be test takers! Wondering if anyone has any ideas or tips for what they will do the night before and morning of the test. For many, it has probably been a while since they've taken a standardized test.
For instance:
What will you eat the night before?
Morning of?
Good Snacks to take with you?
What will you wear?
How early do you plan to arrive?
Ideas for if you are having trouble sleeping the night before?
Secret incantations to perform to get a 175+ ?
Tricks to avoid the jitters day of?
First thing you plan to do after the LSAT?

Again, good luck!

Comments

• elvisliveselvislives Alum Member
    97 karma
    Hmmm... The night before, I have yet to give much thought to what I will be eating. Morning of, I'm going to grab some yogurt, granola (and COFFEE), and maybe a banana. Snacks will be a protein bar and water. Layers are key, given that you'll have no idea how hot or cold the room will be. I hope to get there 15-20 minutes early. The day before I plan to workout pretty hard so that sleeping will be less of an issue - and I'll meditate before bed. If you get a hold of an incantation - share the wealth! Just breathe on the day of and try to focus on you (not the other test takers). You can only do your best, and you are likely more prepared than the majority of people writing that day since you've had JY on your side. Afterwards... there will be booze.
  • chrijani7chrijani7 Alum Member
    827 karma
    @jasonawdriscoll Look good, feel good. It's that simple.
  • LouieRodriguezLouieRodriguez Free Trial Member
    82 karma
    I'm putting on a suit.
  • ENTJENTJ Alum Inactive ⭐
    3658 karma
    You can't have a suit without perfecting your Harvey Specter strut.
    3658 karma
    Quick! Diagram my statement! ^
  • benjaminladdbrycebenjaminladdbryce Alum Member
    21 karma
    At this point, I am all diagramed out... lol
  • madeleinemadeleine Alum Member
    259 karma
    /HSS -> /S
    S -> HSS
    edited September 2014 259 karma
    I took the test in December 2013. I'll tell you what worked for me. Eggs, cheese, spinach omelette with whole wheat toast and one cup of coffee, one glass of water. I wore sportswear: running tights, sneakers, tank top with layers (comfortable shirt, sweatshirt etc). I liked this because it didn't feel like going to work (ugh) and the clothes were super comfortable, and I felt physically ready to destroy the test. Like I was about to do a marathon.

I arrived at 8:10/8:15. It felt perfect. Don't get there right at 8:30. You'll be anxious. Leave some time.

I had all of my "materials" in a Ziploc bags prepped before hand, so all I had to do was grab it. I brought three lara bars and ate them ALL during the break.

This all worked very well for me on test day.

Also, go to bathroom when you get there, even if you don't think you need to go. obv.
    3658 karma
    Hahaha.
  • JscootinJscootin Alum Member
    27 karma
    The only thing I'm going to pay attention to is limiting my coffee intake in the morning. The last thing I want is to pee my pants during the first section. After the test is over I will be enjoying some illicit substances.
    edited September 2014 3658 karma
    I bet I could randomly walk into any bar in my city and have a good chance of running into one of my fellow 7sagers after the test this saturday. :)
  • kelsey.rkelsey.r Alum Member
    62 karma
    I took the June test and it was at 12:30 which at first I thought would be great. It wasn't. All that time in the morning was bad for my mental state. I had so much more time to sit and worry....for this Saturday I think I am going to wake up pretty early just because I want at least some time to sit and relax. Eggs and water for sure. I have been testing out different foods before practice tests and my best scores were when I had eggs and a big glass of water. Maybe it's a coincidence? Not sure. I think it could be that they have protein and are filling but don't feel heavy and water is obviously good all of the time.

And after I am definitely enjoying booze
  • viviansegurovivianseguro Alum Member
    8 karma
    I took the December 2013 LSAT, and the February 2014 (somehow I foolishly thought my score would improve even though I didn't study between tests) and plan on taking it again this December, but I can at least share my ritual leading up to and the day of the test:

Eating the right foods is SO important. I see a major difference in my PTs when I eat a protein packed breakfast with some healthy carbs. I second the person who suggested a veggie omelet and whole wheat toast. If that is not what you are used to eating for breakfast, definitely try it out these next couple of days before the test - you don't want to have a funky feeling in your stomach on test day in case something doesn't "sit right" in there. Also, don't try to up your coffee intake the morning of the test, as you don't need to add coffee jitters on top of test day jitters.
    Try to incorporate some healthy fats such as salmon, nuts and avocados for lunch and dinner.

Pack your Ziploc bag the day before so you have time to double and triple check that you've got all you need - a couple of protein bars, almonds, bottle of water, picture ID, admission ticket, pencils and eraser, and the lovely passport picture.
    Wear comfortable clothing and definitely dress in layers.

Oh, and for those who like myself could not sleep the night before for fear of not hearing the alarm in the morning (I have a love-hate relationship with the snooze button), I suggest you recruit a friend or family member who is a light sleeper to set their alarm and call you as many times as needed until you answer the phone, and tell them they are not allowed to hang up until they are convinced you are truly awake. (Use this strategy as a safeguard, but be responsible and set your own alarm as well)

If you're not familiar with the test location, go there before the day of the test and time how long it takes you to get there. Find the exact room where the test will be administered, that way you're not freaking out about getting lost the day of. Arrive early and try to clear your head of all the racing thoughts and nervous energy.

Stay focused and whatever you do, DON'T study on Friday. Just DON'T! Get ready to kick the LSAT's ass, my friend! I wish you all the best on Saturday :)

edited September 2014 259 karma
    Side note, on Saturday I plan to wear my TIM HOWARD 2014 T-shirt.