Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Nerves for September LSAT

brittneynelson.07brittneynelson.07 Free Trial Member
edited September 2014 in General 24 karma
I keep second guessing on my right answers, and any answer I erase is usually correct, 8/10 times. It's making me score in the lower 160's and it's bothering me. Any suggestions?

Also, does anyone have any tricks or tips they have for reading comprehension questions, that seem like trick questions, and logical reasoning questions? I'm improving on understanding why I am getting like 6 wrong on the logical reasoning but for some reason I can't help it. I definitely need advice!!

Only 3 days left!!! AHHHHHHH!!!!

Comments

• LouieRodriguezLouieRodriguez Free Trial Member
    82 karma
    The trick to RC is to comprehend and not worry about time. Had one my best sections today. Got everything right up until Q18. Then hit the 4th passage freaked about timing issues and missed another 4 questions. I finished just in time, but my comprehension of the passage was lacking. I missed the Main Point Q and some of other easy stuff.

This test is all about comprehension. Im right with you on like -5 to -6 on LR. Always stupid mistakes though. Picking answers I don't even understand. Take the extra 30 seconds and make sure you understand whats going on. Eliminate the wrong answers, the ones you know are wrong and then nitpick between what you got left. Never speed up to make up time. Understand it and move on. Thats the fastest way! Sufficient Assumption Q's are a great way to make up time! Find the conclusion. and single out the idea and put it in the necessary of the answer choice or on the right side. Easy! If there is two ideas in the sufficient that match the right necessary or what you took from the conclusion, you just have to pick the better one the obvious one. Q25 in PT 61 LR section 4 is what I'm talking about.

Never panic! Panicking is to fail.

With games don't worry about time either. Any tester who has practiced and practiced can finish three games perfectly going slowly and if you run out of time and have failed to answer 2 to 3 questions in the 4th game oh well. You know you did perfect in everything else. I'd rather have -2 then -8 because I was rushing to get to a "June 2014 game 4" game.

When I take this test on Saturday I am not going to panic and I am not going to bring a watch with me. I am going to understand everything and read everything before I move on to anything. I've never had timing issues. The only issue I've had is worrying about time and losing my concentration, my focus, and my comprehension.

I can score high on this test and so can you.

I had been been practicing in the low 160s and today hit 166. I still made stupid mistakes! I could have done better! When you really know this test backwards and forwards the only thing that is keeping you from a high score is yourself.
  • godawgs24godawgs24 Alum Member
    53 karma
    For RC, the harder inference questions, just remember that you can confirm the right answer with a specific line or line(s) from the passage. That has helped me a bunch. Good luck Sat!
  • brittneynelson.07brittneynelson.07 Free Trial Member
    24 karma
    THANK YOU BOTH SO MUCH! You just saved me like an anxiety attack, and on top of that I really do think we can do well. I'm just going to pray, practice sections instead of tests to stay on top of my game for Saturday and if there's any other tricks we can use to help each other, let me know or write it here because I know some people who need to read this stuff like I did! Thanks again!!
  • LouieRodriguezLouieRodriguez Free Trial Member
    edited September 2014 82 karma
    Spend all of friday alone. You're going to be alone when you take the test and no matter how many "good lucks" you receive it's not going to do anything for you. Stay away from the people who have high hopes for you. Don't allow that pressure to do well alter your testing habits. You have to do what you've been doing. Don't go on youtube and watch some motivational video. That's not what you need. Meditate. Don't get hyped up for this test. We're not going to a rock concert. Saturday morning, dress professionally, look good, test well.
    24 karma
    Thank you! Great advice. I'm going to stay in my room and do some practice and meditate. Tv or no tv?
  • madeleinemadeleine Alum Member
    edited September 2014 259 karma
    I'm sorry, but I have to disagree with Louie on the "spend all day alone" part. I feel like isolating oneself in one's room for an entire day is not the best idea. Do what makes you feel good/normal. I love to eat, jog, and read. I also love a good episode of Daily Show. I'll be doing all of this tomorrow (After work of course :p)
    24 karma
    That sounds good too! I'll mix it up. Enjoy my day then isolate and meditate at night.