Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Question as I prepare for Saturday

jordanrex30jordanrex30 Alum Member
edited September 2014 in General 64 karma
I'm curious if you guys think it would be a good idea to re take PT 70 or 71 before the September lsat? I've already taken them before when I was studying for June but I want to know if it would be beneficial to go through some of the most recent material even though I've already taken that PT a few months back. Is it worth it as a finial times PT or some drilling before Saturday or should I just avoid them since I've already previously taken those tests?

Thanks!

Comments

• madeleinemadeleine Alum Member
    259 karma
    Hi Jordan,

I'll be doing PT 70 tomorrow. I think some people like to take the last few days off, which I totally get. But I'd like to feel warmed up and have the experience 2 days before. Haven't decided if I will grade it or not. Probably will, and review later that day just a bit.

Absolutely taking Friday off. Everyone is different. Hope you make out ok.
  • cole.w.murdochcole.w.murdoch Alum Member
    228 karma
    I'm doing PT 70 tomorrow as well. Reviewing it tomorrow night then Friday I'm going to relax, and maybe do a few games.
  • jordanrex30jordanrex30 Alum Member
    64 karma
    Should I take 70 again is my question though? I took it back in May an am curious if it would be beneficial to retake the test and review before Sep test this weekend
  • cole.w.murdochcole.w.murdoch Alum Member
    228 karma
    I'm not sure if retaking would be as beneficial as focusing on weak areas. If I had already completed the PT and did sufficiently well on it then I'd not retake it and instead focus on some question types you had difficulty with. Exercising your Logic Game muscles would be a good idea too (in my opinion).
  • jordanrex30jordanrex30 Alum Member
    64 karma
    Awesome thanks for the input!
  • JscootinJscootin Alum Member
    27 karma
    I think retaking it would be a bad idea. It's not going to be simulating what test day will be like since you've already seen every question. It might make you think you are faster than you actually are. I would suggest that you just go through the questions you got wrong on the test and look at the mistakes you made instead of re-taking the full test under timed conditions.
  • chrijani7chrijani7 Alum Member
    827 karma
    Depends what you are trying to get out of it. I had been an idiot when I first started studying so I burned a lot of material. So when I decided to postpone my June LSAT to September, I began first by retaking the course but before I went back into PT's I decided to take some PT's I had taken from way earlier in my studies just to get in the "groove" before I took fresh PT's such as timing and what not. You will not memorize 100% of the questions, so there still is some value. I must admit though my scores were a little inflated because some of the harder questions I had memorized from reviewing them for so long afterwards.

But with that being said, I plan to retake a PT on Friday. I have been in the MBA program for the past week and it's been a hectic orientation. So I really have not had any time to study at all this week only an hour or two in the morning and sporadically throughout the day. I haven't been able to actually sit under simulated conditions in about a week, so I will just be retaking an older test I took already and not marking it. Just so I can get in the groove before I write on Saturday. I know people say not to study the day before, but I found that when I was taking PT's, if I took to many days off from doing simulated conditions, my performance coming back was always a little weaker than when I was going hard PT's back to back.

So like I said, depends what your using the PT for. If you want to use it for performance measures, it's probably not a good indicator or reliable, so no don't retake it. But if you want to use it to gain something other than LSAT knowledge, such as conditioning yourself timing wise, sitting for 4 hrs straight, etc, then yea by all means there is some value to that, in my opinion.