Taking the LSAT more than 3 times information/tips/insight

LSATKingsmanLSATKingsman Alum Member
edited November 2016 in General 1024 karma
Took the the test 3 times. twice when I wasn't ready and the 3rd time I didn't break 170.

Those of you reading this don't take until you are ready or else you will end up like me.

Anyways is there any material about advice tips etc. I know the basic stuff (3 times 2 year period etc.) so yeah any help of information would be great! thanks fam.

http://img.huffingtonpost.com/asset/2000_1000/57bb732a1800002100bcc63a.jpeg?cache=nyl3gfncsz

obligatory Harambe pic because why not.

Comments

• nessa.k13.0nessa.k13.0 Inactive ⭐
    4141 karma
    The webinars are a great place to start collecting general info about studying long term for the test as well as what to do and what not to do. https://7sage.com/webinar/

David's Tips on Doing it Right and Allison's webinars are really helpful. There was one this week too with four new sages that will be posted soon that was really helpful too!
  • AlexAlex Alum Member
    23929 karma
    @LSATKingsman said:
    obligatory Harambe pic because why not.
    @LSATKingsman, I both admire and respect you! #ripHarambe
  • AlexAlex Alum Member
    23929 karma
    Oh, also @nessa.k13.0 is right: Those webinars are a wonderful treasure-trove of LSAT wisdom!
  • Cant Get RightCant Get Right Yearly + Live Member Sage 🍌 7Sage Tutor
    27809 karma
    I've heard different things on this. I've heard that some schools will not like to see a fourth score. I've also heard that they don't really care: They only care about your top score. At the end of the day, I think it would be better to apply with four scores with a fourth score high score than it would be with 3 scores and a lower high score. Especially in the current market where schools are scrambling to compete for students in a drastically reduced pool, I think the high score is going to reign supreme.

The important thing at this juncture is to determine what you're going to do differently: If you can't identify how you're going to improve then you are going to have a rough road ahead of you. This needs to be a conscious and deliberate exercise. Write it out. Identify places where you may have cut corners or where you could have acted with greater discipline. Things like grading your PTs before your BR, or writing off missed points as careless mistakes and not taking them seriously. The longer and more detailed you can make this list the better, because it will mean you have more to improve on. The more you can improve, the more points you can pick up the next time around.