Taking a PT today -- yay or nay?

psbrathwaitepsbrathwaite Member
edited September 2014 in General 207 karma
So I posted a thread previously about whether to include a 5th section on pt 72 today..

and the statement came up that I shouldn't pt today at all and just relax today and tomorrow.

Does anyone have any experience here or can share their take or insight?

Is there any points (good chance of ) that can come off doing a pt and reviewing today and relaxing tomorrow

Or would relaxing today and tomorrow be more optimal?

Comments

• $chedda$$chedda$ Alum Member
    72 karma
    Everyone is different, so you'll ultimately have to decide. I took PT 72 on Tuesday and did pretty well. I was planning on taking PT 71 today, but I decided against it since I started to burn out last week and only improved once I took a few days off before taking PT 72.

I figure I'll probably split up the PT I planned to take today into its different timed sections, and take & review them separately over the course of today and tomorrow.
  • chrijani7chrijani7 Alum Member
    827 karma
    It depends. Online I keep reading not to study at all the day before and just chill. However, I have a friend who took the LSAT and scored in the top 5% (wrote it twice), and he told me don't listen to any BS study for a few hours the day before. So honestly, it's a toss up and something that is completely up to you. Personally I will be writing a PT tomorrow but not marking it. I get this guilty feeling whenever I don't study for the LSAT, kind of like that feeling when you skip the gym. I don't know that's just me, i'll let you know how it goes.
  • Will EdwardsWill Edwards Alum Member Inactive Sage
    175 karma
    Personally, I'm going to continue to do some light studying up until the test. I'm going to try to relax too, if that is at all possible. I think I would be more distracted and nervous if I neglected to do some LSAT stuff.
  • cole.w.murdochcole.w.murdoch Alum Member
    228 karma
    Took PT 70 today, wasn't prepared for the nightmare that is section 4. That was a bit of a letdown as my last PT before the big day; scored a few points lower than my recent average. Oh well, tomorrow I'll do some light games and nothing else and Saturday it'll just be PT 73.